Topic: PunBB 1.1.4 - Impressions

Not much to say here. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to vent them.

Once again, thanks to Mediator for reporting the security problem and not being an ass about it :D

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: PunBB 1.1.4 - Impressions

Just want to say that it makes it alot easier to update when you release the hdiff file too!

Thanks! :)

Yes, I love them. We really should consider using them for mods.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

just started using your forums, and they are amazingly fast!  just awesome!

updating to 1.1.4 from the previous version was extreamly easy, very usefull!
just used the patch file and ssh and updated it, uploaded the php file and patch was finished.  simple!

im awaiting your new releases just cause they are going to be awesxom!

5 (edited by ssb 2004-04-26 07:28)

Rickard,
Thanks for hdiff, it helped me a lot as i use a highly modified punbb.

Btw, install.php still assigns $punbb_version = '1.1.3';

Regards

Sakis is my name, ssb just a nick.

Whoops, I'll fix that right away.

Edit: I've updated the 1.1.4 release to fix the install version issue. If you've already installed 1.1.4 from scratch, you can just run the 1.1 to 1.1.4 update located in /scripts to update your version number in the database. If you know how, you can also edit the version number directly in the database (it's in the config table).

nice!

Do you plan on writing an hdiff file for future 1.2 or will there be too many changes? Just wondering.

Just wondering

Me too smile

Sakis is my name, ssb just a nick.

I don't write the hdiff file. It's generated by a Perl script. The answer is yes, there will be hdiffs for 1.2 as well :D

God Bless Perl !

Aww does this mean I cant admin myself and take over your boards anymore? :'(

tongue~~~

I enjoy pie :)

Mediator wrote:

Aww does this mean I cant admin myself and take over your boards anymore? :'(

:P~~~

:P

whats "hdiff"??

Hdiff is a script that generates html-files as output when "comparing" files. This helps people to alter the code instead of downloading new files to replace the old ones with.

Simple Exploding Man wrote:

God Bless Perl !

Ugh...

How can we use it?

pedro: I use it like this:

hdiff -nr -t "PunBB 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 Changes" punbb-1.1.4/upload punbb-1.1.5/upload > site/download/hdiff/hdiff-1.1.4_to_1.1.5.html

The result is a file with all the changes from PunBB 1.1.4 to 1.1.5. The version downloadable from the page Chacmool linked to has a bug. I've fixed the bug and added a few small other tweaks. You can download the fixed version here.