1 (edited by tomasz 2009-08-10 08:04)

Topic: Unable to delete from online list

File: forum/include/functions.php
Line: 250

PunBB reported: Unable to delete from online list

Database reported: ERROR: canceling statement due to statement timeout

Failed query: DELETE FROM pun_online WHERE ident='83.21.75.15'

Hi i got this error, I checked database and I have only one record in the pun_online. I can't delete this record...What should I do to solve that?

the line where is the problem is:

if ($cur_user['user_id'] == '1')
    $db->query('DELETE FROM '.$db->prefix.'online WHERE ident=\''.$db->escape($cur_user['ident']).'\'') or error('Unable to delete from online list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

all code is stored in update_users_online() function.
Is there some kind of connection between some tables, therefore I can't delete this record?

Re: Unable to delete from online list

I'd try truncating the online table.

I've tried that.
The same:

ERROR:  canceling statement due to statement timeout

I used this:

TRUNCATE TABLE pun_online

it's strange because I've got this error almost at once, but my phpmyadmin says that query  time is: 2,004.566 ms.
I thought that this have something to do with a temporary bans. When ban is being turned off maybe that happend, don't really know...

Is your forum highly loaded? What is the size of your forum's DB? What is the average count of online users?

Forum isn't so higly loaded. My site jgot something about 1k users per day only.
Average online users is about 4-5 max.
But right now I've turned off this query which was deleting from the punn_online.
Thats why I have now almost 1,5k users online  since 17 august tongue
I don't know how to check size of the database online but I'll try to check that... Right now I have 1 table which is bigger then normal ;]
this table tables is:
-users( almost 10 000 records)

tomasz wrote:

I don't know how to check size of the database online but I'll try to check that...

'You can view some server information (including the DB size) on this page: <FORUM_URL>/admin_index.php.