Topic: [solved] slow forum loading time due to added RSS feed

hi,
from about 3-4 days, my forum based on PunBB 1.2.10 became very slowly. about 5 minutes to load every page i need.
if i set the debug mode on i got a load time about 1-2 second (normal load time until now) but the real load time is about 5 minutes.
what appened? other php applications on my LAMP server are faster, phpmyadmin too... only forum and other pages are very slowly.
someone can help me? i have a dedicated server and the cpu usage is about 2% so i think that the problem is not the charge but some issues in the code. i didn't made changes to code in the last year.

someone can help me with this problem?
thanks a lot, carlo.

Re: [solved] slow forum loading time due to added RSS feed

How many database queries are shown to be running on each page load?

And is the problem of slow load times at the server, or at the browser? That is to say, does the page take 5 minutes to render at the server, as measured by the code displayed at the bottom of the page, or does it take 5 minutes to display in your browser when you view the page?

for example, loading index page:

[ Generated in 1.257 seconds, 138 queries executed ]

so i think that is slow load at the browser...
this problem is shown only loading forum, subforums, topics and so on... all other php/sql application runs so good...
i think 5 minutes are for render the page because after this, the page appears immediately... and the bandwidth of the server is about 500kb/sec...

this problem is from 2-3 days, before that, all pages are shown in 3-4 seconds...

how to solve this trouble? thanks a lot!

solved: it was a rss feed added at the top of the page which doesn't load correctly, so we must wait its timeout to show page...
i deleted that feed and now it works fine.

thanks ;-)

edited post title.