Topic: PunBB 1.2.21

A new security bug was reported for the latest 1.2 revision: a user could subscribe to the forums he didn't have a permission to read (if one knew the forum ID).

This bug is fixed and PunBB 1.2.21 is released. It is recommended that you update your PunBB 1.2.* installation.

Thanks to Smartys for report.

Visit Downloads page for the PunBB 1.2.21 packages and patches. Or get the latest revision from SVN.

Re: PunBB 1.2.21

smile

Is the PunBB 1.2 branch going to continue to be maintained?

ridgerunner wrote:

Good question. Seems things have halted here. I hope things pick up.

ridgerunner wrote:

Yes, it is. If you have some suggestion or you have found some bugs, post it in an according forum.

John Briggs wrote:
ridgerunner wrote:

Good question. Seems things have halted here. I hope things pick up.

Nothing has halted and there is nothing to pick up. roll

I will be starting a community forum and decided to use PunBB. May i know what version is most stable to use? smile

Version 1.2.21 is most stable to use. You may upgrade to this version.
But you can use version 1.3. There are 2 branches: 1.2 and 1.3. Version 1.3 is more modern.
Version 1.3.4 is most stable to use.

Thank you so much... big_smile

But I heard that there was a huge problem converting from PunBB to other platforms.

Now is this true?

Or was this problem fixed?

Addy wrote:

I will be starting a community forum and decided to use PunBB. May i know what version is most stable to use? smile

I've been using vrsion1.3.4 and so far, no problems yet. smile

I agree. Version 1.3.4 is the most stable version for me so far. So I suggest you use that.

both versions probably will be discontinued once punbb 2.0 is released.

I heard Punbb version 2.0 is on its way. Is this true? When will it be released?

I don't really know about PunBB 2.0 but as of May 2009 the latest release was PunBB 1.3.4 with the XSS vulnerability fix.

Would you guys recommend holding back installation until PunBB 2.0 is released or is it still some way off?

Also, V2 going to be a major overhaul?

I was going to set it up on a site this weekend for the first time but if v2 is due out it seems a bit silly learning the install/running/operating procedures only to have to learn it all again in a few weeks.

Is it really true?? when would they release the PunBB 2.0??
This is too exciting!!

jimi

18 (edited by pro_dg 2009-08-18 21:45)

I don't know where you got the news regarding punBB version 2 but as far as I know 1.3.4 is the latest version and everything's been stagnant in the punBB world lately. sad

Well in that case, maybe it's smart to use version 1.2.21 as what the admin has recommended.  My clients will be disappointed if ever the later versions will just crash.

pro_dg wrote:

I don't know where you got the news regarding punBB version 2 but as far as I know 1.3.4 is the latest version and everything's been stagnant in the punBB world lately. sad

How can you say that it's quite stagnant lately? You mean, no support, no updates?

Well as what i have noticed... It really is,.. but so far no problems yet on the application so it's still good to use PUNBB smile

Manny wrote:

Well as what i have noticed... It really is,.. but so far no problems yet on the application so it's still good to use PUNBB smile

Of course PUNBB is still good to use!  smile