26 (edited by 8k84 2009-06-12 18:34)

Re: [Request mod/extension] PunBB Mobile

MattF, I don't understand what you're talking about.

This thread is about a style for small screen mobile devices, which (style) does not exist at the moment. A developer asked a question re: that styling or extension. I offered my opinion on how it might look.

Now, you're trying to say that I can't offer my opinion on this, which basically means that you either think that personal opinions are not allowed on this forum, or you believe that I am not allowed to express mine.

So what is it -- the former or the latter?

My apologies. I misinterpreted your post somewhat. smile

8k84 wrote:

try OperaMini -- forum looks really weird on that one;

Looks not bad if "Mobile view" is enabled.
You can use the Opera Mini simulator to make and post screenshots and to explain what is weird.

29 (edited by 8k84 2009-06-25 21:49)

Parpalak wrote:

Well, it depends on your definition of "not bad".

http://s40.radikal.ru/i089/0906/78/6e22e367fbed.jpg

What is this "Forums in this category with details of topics, posts, last post" in Index view and similar sentence in Forum view?

After that you see basically the same table, as in "regular" view, only with its rows wrapped into several lines, without any kind of separators:

http://s41.radikal.ru/i094/0906/89/3cf7a4d69cc8.jpg

Looks pretty shapeless to me. The numbers are clearly out of place, date and author could be placed better too. Keep in mind that this is forum view -- it is supposed to give you a quick view over the forum contents... It may be Ok if you never use your handheld/smartphone for browsing and just happened to open your forum on it out of curiosity. But for every day use it's unacceptable.

Topic view looks more or less Ok.

Also, not everyone uses Opera Mini on their devices.

Parpalak wrote:
8k84 wrote:

try OperaMini -- forum looks really weird on that one;

You can use the Opera Mini simulator to make and post screenshots and to explain what is weird.

it work nice with opera, but the problem is with poket pc with windows mobile 6.0, i don't know the brand of the pocket pc.
Maybe the user of my forum not have a good pocket pc. big_smile

Just found this method, wich works pretty well on 1.2. Unfortunatly it's not compatible with 1.3's CSS. Could somebody adapt it?  roll

I am trying to do this with CSS, like

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="mobile.css" media="only screen and (max-device-width: 480px)" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css" media="screen and (min-device-width: 481px)" />

The user carlodin has just published this extension for use with HTC, iphone3 etc....
see more:

http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … ileswitch/

You can compare several products of the same price, look up information on some good sites to choose the most suitable。