1 (edited by Mediator 2004-05-16 15:54)

Topic: User Groups System

Alot of the major boards have a user group system, so I figured I would upload the system I made for my boards. Anyways its a pretty simple mod with an install time of about 30 minutes give or take.

Link: http://www.rscheatnet.com/User_Groups-1.2.zip
Link 2: http://punres.cactuz.nu/index.php?p=pro ... &id=24

I know I'm suposed to upload at that one site, but the errors where pissing me off.

Anyways enjoy.

NOTE: If you find an errors feel free to email me at mediator@rscheatnet.com, or I guess reply to this thread.

NOTE x2: If you have an suggestions or requests for this mod, again feel free to email me or reply.

I enjoy pie :)

Re: User Groups System

can you post a link or dumps that shows us how it works?

Im Jacks Broken Heart

yeah lemme setup a test forum

http://www.rscheatnet.com/testing/ There you go everything you need to know is on that forum

Ok, do to a request I've added it to punres here http://punres.cactuz.nu/index.php?p=pro … &id=24

Bonjour,
I am interested by the user group management for a family forum, So I execute you utilitie and the following error  "Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in f:\program files\easyphp\www\punbb\install_group.php on line 521
" occurs.
What is the problem?

Bonjour,
I am sorry, I have made a mistakefor the first installation of a Mod.
So, I have reinstalled the User/group management: 1 - The process duration is 15 secondes
2 - The database is append (Group table an d Group item into the Forum table)
3 - The Date of non .php files was updated
3 - After I have the following message: "User Groups has been installed seccessfully. See readme.txt for further instructions".
I run PunBB on Pentium MMX with Win2K Pro, PHP 4.3.5, MySql 4.0.15

This is really cool! I tried it and guess what! with my luck I screwed up somewhere and my data base got wiped so now i was wondering if anyone could give me the files with the thing already coded in so i dont wipe my database again?

I very much doubt you were able to wipe the database just by installing a mod. Are you sure the database is completely wiped?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

well not wiped as killed but all my forum files were corrupted so i couldnt install over the top. i might try again one day but the pre installed files would be cool

Does it work on 1.1.2 ?

It *SHOULD* work on all versions

I just installed it for 1.1.4 and everything seems to be fine except for when I try to view any of the forums, I get a:
Parse error: parse error in /home/somlor/public_html/forum/viewforum.php on line 255

How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Sean.

You probably made some mistake while you pasted the code. Try again and see if the problem persist

When i run install_mod.php i get that one
Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in /home/realcod/public_html/dups/forum/install_mod.php on line 25
where is problem? sad

Hrm.....I some how managed to upload a version with an install script that had serious quote problems.....no idea when or how I uploaded this version, but its fixed in the new version along with 1.4 compatability. It can be downloaded here http://www.rscheatnet.com/User_Groups-1.1.zip

17 (edited by Smartys 2004-05-15 23:05)

Found a bug.
post.php wasn't changed: I can post in forums where I don't have read access by editing the fid in the URL.

And as a moderator, I don't have read access to all forums without first being given access, even if I have mod rights for the forum.

Ah, thanks for your reply. I've fixed the problem with posting, atleast with new topics, I couldn't find a simple way to add the checking to replies without adding another function, or new queries. Anyways it shouldnt really be a problem as you cant get the post id to reply to without actually being able to access the forums.

I'll come up with somehting by 1.3 though to make sure.

Also I've made it so moderators of group restricted forums can view and access the forums, even if they arn't group members. However moderators that are not specific to restricted forums, will be treated like normal users.

Anyways new version here http://www.rscheatnet.com/User_Groups-1.2.zip

19 (edited by Smartys 2004-05-16 09:22)

Thanks smile

But as moderator in the test forums you gave, even with moderator powers over the restricted forums, I still needed to become a group member to be able to view the group forum.

Edit: I'm assuming the test forums have been upgraded to the new version of the mod as well?

Actually no, I forgot to upgrade them, I'll do that right now

Ah cool, thanks :-)

Error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/overnet/public_html/forum/search.php on line 669

here is 669:

}

Now then,

#
#---------[ 55. FIND ]-----------------------------------------------
#

<tr class="puntopic">
        <td class="puncon1cent"><?php echo $icon ?></td>
        <td class="puncon2"><?php echo $subject ?></td>
        <td class="puncon1"><?php echo $forum ?></td>
        <td class="puncon2"><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($search_set[$i]['poster']) ?></td>
        <td class="puncon1cent"><?php echo $search_set[$i]['num_replies'] ?></td>
        <td class="puncon2" style="white-space: nowrap"><?php echo '<a href="viewtopic.php?pid='.$search_set[$i]['last_post_id'].'#'.$search_set[$i]['last_post_id'].'">'.format_time($search_set[$i]['last_post']).'</a> '.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($search_set[$i]['last_poster']) ?></td>
    </tr>
<?php

}
        }

#
#---------[ 56. AFTER, ADD ]--------------------------------------------------
#

}

So I did, 3 times Ive done this...

</tr>
<?php

}
        }
}

Wanna tell me whats wrong?

Every time you think you've made it idiot proof, along comes a better idiot.

Could you email me your whole search.php, I'm guessing there is an error somewhere else in the file. med_mediator@hotmail.com

Could it be possible to add a feature that you could give several groups acces to a restricted forum ?

Thanks... works perfect!

sure you do..