Topic: Official styles

We are happy to announce the completion of development of official PunBB styles. You can see screenshots and descriptions on the related Wiki page; the download links are provided there as well.

We would like to ask if it is necessary to include the official styles in the distributive as of the next PunBB version. This inclusion implies some benefits and disadvantages at the same time, which is why we are in doubt and would like to know the community's opinion.

Re: Official styles

Really wanderfull
Thanks

Those are just plain awesome. The Web20 is my favorite.
As for the inclusion of the styles in distributive - I suggest adding just one alternative style to advertise the fact punBB can actually use them. I personally wasn't aware of it when I installed a forum for the first time.

epozdnjakov wrote:

I suggest adding just one alternative style to advertise the fact punBB can actually use them.

Which one? Informer? Or Web20?

Try one of the graphics-intensive ones, Copper or Web20. Either one is fine, as long as other styles remain available. The Informer style is hardly different from the Oxygen, so I don't like it.

Wow, Copper and Web20 are the best ones! My vote gets Copper for the inclusion in next versions.

Copper has just been installed on my SEO forum, but I'll use Web20 on my other forums where it will be more suitable to the topic.

Beautiful!

Community of friendly and helpful Python developers at Python Forum.
User-rated website hosting providers at Web Hosting Ratings.

I was looking forward to the Carbon one since i saw the screen-shot your released of all these themes last year.
I'm slightly disappointed though.

Some of it looks great imo,
The index, within the category's, but the threadview is just.. blah
Imo some sort of gradient should have been used either behind each post. Its just looks too basic imo.

..Maybe i could have a little play with them and make a few edits.  smile

However, I am very grateful for you releasing these. Thankyou for your hard work.  big_smile

Switched On wrote:

I was looking forward to the Carbon one since i saw the screen-shot your released of all these themes last year.
I'm slightly disappointed though.

Some of it looks great imo,
The index, within the category's, but the threadview is just.. blah
Imo some sort of gradient should have been used either behind each post. Its just looks too basic imo.

..Maybe i could have a little play with them and make a few edits.  smile

However, I am very grateful for you releasing these. Thankyou for your hard work.  big_smile

yes me too will work on mod of the themes!!!!

The Web20 style looks great smile

However, I still love Oxygen the most big_smile

With SetCronJob.com you can create unlimited free cron jobs every 5 minutes :)

hmmm nice work!!1 I don't know much about technical things but I like the changes as an end user. smile

It looks great!  big_smile

Nice themes! I think Carbon and Web20 looks best.

I definitely think you should include them, bringing more flexibility right after installation. You should be able to make these themes quite small in size, so the package size doesn't go up to much...

13 (edited by BoomZLolicon 2010-08-07 04:51)

Oxygen Forever  >//<!

-:- AnimeXZ Studio -:- [We love punBB with oxygen style]
- http://www.animexz.net -