Re: pun_approval

Try Pun_approval 1.2.2!
Fixed bugs:

• Topics created by admin used to appear ia approval section, but contained no posts to approve ("hanging" topics)

• A bug which appeared when user was using a signature, and caused a fatal error, has been fixed

• BBCodes and smilies did't render properly in posts waiting for approval

Links:

Thank you for your bug reports! Let us know if there is anything else we can improve!

Thanks. One thing I would like:

(Admin) Receive email alerts of
a.  pending registrations
b.  pending posts

as options

EDIT and maybe also

c. receiving a copy of sent emails (accepts/declines) as admin

pun_approval 1.2.3 released.
When extension was uninstalled, fields related to post/registration approval in one of the tables were not deleted properly. This bug has been fixed.

In addition to my prior posts feature requests...

I've noticed that sending decline emails is probably not needed in 95% of cases. Approval mail makes more sense...
a. What's the easiest way to disable decline email when removing /denying registrations? (in particular I noticed the spammers try registering 2-3 times with same IP and name so even less point in sending 3 mails...)

b. maybe also   in addition to APPROVE,  REMOVE, there could be REMOVE + EMAIL

c. and country flag belonging to IP would also save time.... (geolocation)

30 (edited by Thorbyte 2010-02-14 22:55)

Hi alexp

Great extension! Thx.

But I found a bug when pun_approval is used along with some others extensions:

- Example with « Pun tags » (version v1.4.), the Tags of the message to be approved are lost and are no longer in the database;
- Same with « topic description » (version v0.5.0.), The description is also lost and deleted from the database.

(Tested on fresh install of PunBB 1.3.4)

From time to time users try 2x or 3x to register when they can't get immediate access.
Is there a way to approve 1 of the 2 or 3 registrations without sending out the decline email for others?

I would also really appreciate if the admin was subscribed to these unapproved registrations, especially when it's not a busy forum and one only checks infrequently by loggin in...

Thanks for all the work.

Thorbyte wrote:

I found a bug when pun_approval is used along with some others extensions

Thank you. We are working on pun_approval compatibility right now.

KeyDog,
Now there is no way to approve several equal registrations by one click. Thank you for noticing this fact.
We are solving pun_approval compatibility issues right now.
The next step will be to fix the problem you mentioned.

Compatibility with pun_tags has been added.
http://punbb.informer.com/forums/post/134316/#p134316
If pun_approval is installed and enabled, you can add tags only after the topic is approved.

Vesion 1.2.5 has been released!
We added compatibility with two more extensions pun_attachment and  pun_poll

Let us know if you find any bugs.

Pun_approval 1.3.0 is available!
We fixed the bugs mentioned earlier in this topic and added several new features.
- In case you don't want to send email every time you reject new registration, you should change extension settings in Administration->Setings->Features
- Administrator of a forum can now receive emails informing him about all new registrations waiting for approval. This setting is situated in the same group of options as the previous one.

Tell us what new features we can add! Report all the bugs you find!

Very nice. Thanks a lot.
No bugs found yet

Hi there

I seem have an issue with the latest version.

Firstly it would seem that when I approve posts for some reason the post count stays at zero?

Also I am trying to approve a post and I get this:

The error occurred on line 1506 in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/subdomains/forums/httpdocs/extensions/pun_approval/functions.php

Database reported: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 (Errno: 1064).

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Thanks a alot for extension!
But in my forum there is one bug. Extension version 1.3.0.
When I install this extension - all work correct.
But if moderator cteate new topic, after extension activated, this topic do not insert in "post_approval_topics" table. And in post approval dialog i see "There are no unapproved posts since your last visit" message. But in table "post_approval_posts" it there is, and in header i see "Unapproved posts (5)". If i add topic in  "post_approval_topics" table manualy (by hands) then i see this unaproved posts in post approval dialog.

Thank you for your bug reports.
We will fix the problems as soon as possible.

You can try new version of pun_approval 1.4.0!
Difference between  current and a  previous version:   
- post count in user's pofile didn't change after user's posts were approved. This bug has been fixed.
- now when you are trying to remove a post waiting for approval, you will be asked to confirm your decision. This will prevent you from deleting posts by accident. But to use this feature you will have to turn it on in administration -> settings ->features menu  (new option "Post removal confirmation" has been added there)
Download links:

Feel free to report bugs and request new features.

Zoldrax wrote:

after extension activated, this topic do not insert in "post_approval_topics" table

We were not able to recreate this bug. If this problem is still present, please describe in more details the situation when it happens.

Here's another bug: I notice that each time after approving a post made by a new user, that the I.P. address on the approved post has changed to my I.P. address.

Eclipse wrote:

Here's another bug: I notice that each time after approving a post made by a new user, that the I.P. address on the approved post has changed to my I.P. address.

Thank you. We will fix it.

Thanks for that, I'll keep checking in.

We have a site with very low activity -- only a few legitimate messages each week. That means we don't check for (and moderate) messages very often. We would like to receive an email notification whenever a new message arrives for moderation, similar to how messages arrive when a new registration is awaiting moderation. OptionL "Send email to administrator if there are new posts waiting for approval."

And here's a cool optimization: When a subsequent post comes in for moderation, (optionally) don't send another email to the administrator. After all, the first email told him to check to forum for posts. But once he does moderate messages, reset the flag so that the *next* time a new post is made, a new email to the administrator will go out again (but just once). I hope I explained that properly!

Hello, i have one question regarding this extension:
Is it possible to have enabled only the registration approval? (and the posting approval disabled)
or should i look for some other extension to have only the registration approval feature?

loxodon wrote:

Is it possible to have enabled only the registration approval? (and the posting approval disabled)

This is exactly what I want to achieve.
I'm spending all of my day approving individual posts sad

esupergood wrote:

Yes I third this view aswell. If the monitoring of registrations is good:

- Automatic post approval     *tick*

Thank you for new ideas. We will use them in the next version of the extension.