Topic: [Solved] removing "Currently used extensions"

removing the stupid "Currently used extensions" is easy to comment out line 49 (footer) and see it all go away, but that removes the copyright information. i do not mind promoting punbb at all, i love it. 

use the search, you say?  yeah, tried that route.

Re: [Solved] removing "Currently used extensions"

What about 46 line?

Cheers, parpalak.  You want to make a few $ fixing other crap? send me a mail: berisford (at) gmail(dot) com

Sorry, I can't help you. Maybe someone else wants.

5 (edited by The_Fiddler 2008-12-13 23:58)

I can't see the point in having this feature unless the extension is being used on Flux. I was thinking yesterday, why not just make it a version check thing. If it see's Flux, then display the "Currently used extensions" thing, if version ='s pun, then leave it blank.

Pun is already being promoted if the version check ='s pun anyway.

If it bothers anyone that much, then you could probably edit the manifest.xml for the extension and remove anything that looks like this. I am not sure if it will screw anything up, I haven't tried.

<hook id="co_common"><![CDATA[
$pun_extensions_used = array_merge(isset($pun_extensions_used) ? $pun_extensions_used : array(), array($ext_info['id']));
        ]]></hook>
        <hook id="ft_about_end" priority="10"><![CDATA[
if (!defined('PUN_EXTENSIONS_USED') && !empty($pun_extensions_used))
{
    define('PUN_EXTENSIONS_USED', 1);
    echo '<p id="extensions-used">Currently used extensions: '.implode(', ', $pun_extensions_used).'. Copyright &copy; 2008 <a href="http://punbb.informer.com/">PunBB</a></p>';
}
        ]]></hook>

I just tried what I suggested. It appears to work. The extension has to be unloaded first, then the manfiest has to be edited, then the extension reloaded.

The_Fiddler wrote:

The extension has to be unloaded first, then the manfiest has to be edited, then the extension reloaded.

You can lose your data. For example, in pun_pm extension you can lose users' messages. I suggest a more convenient way. After editing the manifest.xml change the extension version (in manifest.xml too). For example, from 1.2.4 to 1.2.4.1. Then you can just update the extension via the admin panel.

8 (edited by The_Fiddler 2008-12-14 10:48)

parpalak wrote:
The_Fiddler wrote:

The extension has to be unloaded first, then the manfiest has to be edited, then the extension reloaded.

You can lose your data. For example, in pun_pm extension you can lose users' messages. I suggest a more convenient way. After editing the manifest.xml change the extension version (in manifest.xml too). For example, from 1.2.4 to 1.2.4.1. Then you can just update the extension via the admin panel.

I probably should have mentioned that. I tested it on a non live forum, then later thought, hmmm probably not a good idea on one that is in use as it will drop the tables with the data in it as well.

I have removed the hooks but still it showing the message. No idea what i do

You need to clear the hooks cache.

I have deleted the file "cache_hooks.php" file but it regnerated after some time .But the issue is not resolved .
The footer link is really annoying . I love to link back with PBpun but this extension info is really ugly!

I have just found clear cache button on Admin panel and cleared the cache but its also seems not working!

An excellent software lacking support is making every efforts into vain. Nothing worked till now and no support is available

Try installing this Extension I just made.

if you want to delete the copyright on the right do it in (supported by etc....)
/lang/common.php

or

in this extensions manifest.xml if you want to delete the powered by punbb