1 (edited by ephestione 2010-10-07 09:59)

Topic: [Updated language pack] Italian for punbb 1.3.4

I downloaded the italian langpack from the downloads page, and I noticed it's definitely lacking in some points.
Didn't bother translating the untranslated admin files, but I corrected A LOT of errors (even if maybe not all), weird literal translations, unused forms, and the likes.
Most notably, the stopwords list had been left untouched, I updated it with a list of 470 something italian stopwords.

downloadfrom here http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/lib/exe/ … nbb13:lang

v 1.1 7 aug 2010 (more errors fixed , nicer mail tempates)
v 1.2 7 aug 2010 (yet little mor errors, but mainly discovered that I was using a tag in mail templates that was not always active, so corrected the error introduced in previous version)
v 1.3 7 oct 2010 (more friendly messages, other strings not yet translated from english)

Re: [Updated language pack] Italian for punbb 1.3.4

Good stuff, btw: you can add it quite simply to the punbb wiki here:
http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/lib/exe/ … nbb13:lang

3 (edited by ephestione 2010-08-06 19:54)

too lazy to check first if there was a wiki upload tongue
sent it right away, removing link from first post

4 (edited by fantasma 2010-08-07 12:29)

Old and unique version  is by PunBB-Italia.it, why you don't contact we for upgrade?

Your pack is upgrade from original?
Now its complete?

hey there wink
I'll be dead honest here: I didn't bother to check whom that translation was by, I just went to the official download page of this website (informer.com) and downloaded it, noticed there were several things I didn't like, and corrected it for my personal interest. Then I thought I might as well share it; in case I circumvented any "distribution lock" for the translation, I am sorry, you can remove the link from the wiki page yourself.

By the way, I didn't complete the italian translation; the strings that were left in english are still in english (the admin panel, shortly). I did correct a lot of "brutte espressioni" though, as well as other errors. I also updated the stopwords list to an italian stopwords list, as you can read in the previous posts of this thread.

6 (edited by fantasma 2010-08-07 17:30)

ok nice work!!!
Volevo solo sapere...in modo da aggiornare la versione di Punbb-italia.it, la traduzione è stata sviluppata da diverse persone del forum, quindi errori ci sono.

I give credit to whoever is the author, maybe you can just pop in something like "ephestione ha corretto molti piccoli dettagli nei file".
Actually, I plan to correct several other things in the future, for example in user profile settings there is "Identita" instead of "Identità" and things like this were all over the translation.

ok ok i will do it!!
Thanks

Updated the pack, revisited all the mail message templates, plus corrected several other errors.

10 (edited by fantasma 2010-08-07 18:31)

http://www.punbb-italia.it/viewtopic.php?id=268

bella fantasma wink
Thank you for the aknowledgement and website link! Possible new updates will be posted in this thread as ups, and uploaded to the usual wiki page

Another update. Corrected an assumption error I made in mail templates.
I thought that <board_title> was always substituted with the forum title, but apparently that's not the case and it can only be used in some mail templates but not all. Removed that tag from the non working templates.

what?

fantasma wrote:

what?

just like I wrote, I used the <board_title> parameter tag in all the templates, but it only works in a couple of them, and is not recognized in the others. So I corrected that and removed the parameter from the non supported templates

15 (edited by fantasma 2010-08-09 18:18)

ah ok, when have you place update files in wiki page?

fantasma wrote:

ah ok, when have you place update files in wiki page?

they are already there. I updated the file punbb-1.3.4-italian.zip, download it again from the wiki page and it's the newest version.
If I will update the translation in the future, when I write here about the update, it means that file in the wiki has been already uploaded in the new version.

ok thanks, you are welcome on PunBB-Italia.it, i need "socio"

ahah well, and I'd need 36 hours per day for that! big_smile

senza impegno!

seriously, I alone manage 3 websites of my own, and I do this in my free time since I'm a dentist, so I already know I wouldn't be participating at all. My activity in here will be just to give back to the community those things that I would do anyway, for myself because I need them, that is a nice italian translation, and maybe in the future a mod to validate sef urls, but after that I'll probably be gone big_smile

ok thanks!!
Bye

bump: update to the language files