Topic: Managing settings in your PunBB extensions?

How do you guys manage settings? I'm interested in creating some applications / extensions within PunBB with dynamic workflow, but I wasn't sure about the best way to plug myself into the overall workflow of PunBB.

Any good examples / recommendations?

Re: Managing settings in your PunBB extensions?

Maybe this extensions code will help you.
http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … line-list/
He'd added the settings to admin features panel...

Hey KeyDog, checked that out, what do you think about storing settings for individual users though? I don't want to ALTER the table structure, but I don't want to make tons of individual config records, or do you think that might be the best way?

I'll send Slavok a message he should respond to those follow up questions. Outside my knowledgebase big_smile

Altering table structure (or if you like 'adding cols') to users table is imo best solution for user's config - it's loaded automatically so you can use it from array $forum_user.

For global config you should use 'config' table, since the options are cached.

And for other stuff... Personally I use other mysql tables, but I guess it's only matter of choice (you can use files as well...)

Eraversum - scifi browser-based online webgame

nhodges wrote:

Hey KeyDog, checked that out, what do you think about storing settings for individual users though?

All settings about users are stored in the table "users" for each individual user. So if you need to add some info about a user you need to alter the table.