Topic: "rebuild last-posts" troubleshooting

Hi,

I recently had to manually clean up an old PunBB 1.3.4 site due to being full of spam. I've manually removed entries from punbb_posts and punbb_topics, and have issued a "rebuild search index" on the admin pages. However, neither the "last posts", nor the post counts were updated on the forum indexes. What's the correct way to rebuild/reindex these?
(On the 1.2.x installs of PunBB, there were separate options for reindexing the site, where did these go?)

Thanks in advance,
-w-

Re: "rebuild last-posts" troubleshooting

This as a sidenote for the future;

Would they have helped you; where should we put them to make it more visible?
PS: If you start getting spam posts or registrations you should immediately use one or more of these: pun_stop_bots, pun_approval, recaptcha or stopforumspam extensions

Hi KeyDog,

Thanks for your notes - this installation was a 1.2.13 before, without any captcha or approval modules, hence the large number of spams on the forum. It has been upgraded to 1.3.4 to allow the install of the captcha / other modules - and to be on the safe side.

Regarding your question, I'd say it should be put somewhere in the twiki under a 'best practices' section - in my current case they don't help, but after this is fixed, very likely will provide an ease on the day-to-day running of the forum.

Thanks,
-w-

Ok thanks, I hope one of the PunBB Devs get back to you soon regarding the rebuilding issue...