Topic: [Release] Currency system (money mod)

Info: Adds a currency to your forum. You'll get money for posting, creating popular topics (you get money for each reply) and of course you can send money to other user.

Features:

• Name your currency

• Set how much money you get for single post & reply in topic

• Bank with logs of transactions

Download: .zip (v1.0.0)

Motto: "Since we have money we don't need Thanks and Karma big_smile"

Personal TODO:
Add screenshots
Add extension to Wiki
Add hooks to extension? (if someone would be interested for enhancing this extension...)

Ideas, bug reports (including language errors, since I'm little bit tired and wrote all text without proper thinking about it  lol), opinions welcomed!

Eraversum - scifi browser-based online webgame

Re: [Release] Currency system (money mod)

Just been testing it, working well!
Very nice job...

Have you had any creative ideas on how you can let users use the money to gain advantages?
Do you plan on given special access for example when users reach certain money level?

A shop would be awesome. Custom titles, etc. smile

Additional thought:

If someone abuses it, and you delete their posts/replies they keep their money at the moment...
but probably you'd want it deleted in certain cases? (for useles posts you want to subtract it again... how does one do that?)

How do people see how money they've got?

esupergood wrote:

How do people see how money they've got?

In every post; it's in their stats...

I don't see anything.
I must have unticked the box to hide stats

@esupergood What mods have you installed? It seems that the one which is hiding number of posts and other info is hiding Money as well  neutral

KeyDog wrote:

Have you had any creative ideas on how you can let users use the money to gain advantages?

Well, I was thinking about shop, but I have to think it through - it will probably be another extension with dependency.

KeyDog wrote:

Do you plan on given special access for example when users reach certain money level?

Since money can be transferred from user to user I think not, but maybe I could implement it as one item in shop?

noodles wrote:

A shop would be awesome. Custom titles, etc. smile

Yup, yup more thoughts are welcomed smile

KeyDog wrote:

If someone abuses it, and you delete their posts/replies they keep their money at the moment...
but probably you'd want it deleted in certain cases? (for useles posts you want to subtract it again... how does one do that?)

Ah, forgot about that... The administrator will have possibility to change how much money user have smile Will implement it in next version wink

Anyway, here's an idea for using the extension as I've seen it on another forum. There actually isn't any shop currently, but there are sections like 'Moonlight', 'Auction' and so on, where you can get signatures from graphic designers, help and so on... But it's true, you need really big forum for that, otherwise there's not enough offer/demand neutral

//Oh and thing for personal TODO
- Add sorting by money to User list  smile

Any status on a potential shop?

Hello, firstly I'm sorry for my poor english.

Thank you for you Mod it run perfectly, but :

- It doesn't work with pun approval :'(
- Admin cannot change/modify user's Gold sad
- When admin delete post, user keep their gold hmm

You should Integrate these setting in order to have a beautiful extension.

Thank you for your work

Sorry for the bump, but is there a status on a shop? Money without a purpose seems kind of lame imo. hmm

Please let me know if this mode is suitable for current version 1.4.1

Is there a away to only allow moderators to benefit instead of everyone who posts?

15 (edited by PunBoard-Bulgaria 2012-06-26 21:09)

Hi smile
My english isn't very good and sorry about that.. ;]

I have opinion...
Mod is very great at all. But make currency with commas .. i mean, if more than 1000 add comma after 1 [1,000]; if 1 milion seem 1,000,000 and etc. .. smile or say how to mode this.

And other idea. Create plugin chooseble. With this i mean we can choose how much money give for thread and how many for post. If u seen in phpbb cashmod.. For topic[thread] give 5points for example. For post 10 and etc. There not give money[points] for replay...
At the moment it is only for topic and for post in this topic and.. Not very comfortable ;]

Thanx ;7

PunBB Bulgaria - soon
Bulgarian Lang for all versions - soon
Developers, please contact with me skype Linn3x for info