1 (edited by Loa 2010-12-11 14:25)

Topic: [Release] mobileswitch

Hey!

Wanted a mobile style for my small punbb forum. We got some activity so I feelt that it was time to put some effort in creating the style. To make it easier to use I just cooked together this extension to automagically switch to it if any user logged on with a mobile device.

Requirements:
- Running PunBB installation http://punbb.informer.com/
- Mobiletheme OxygenMobile

Usage:
Will switch to mobile style for mobile devices if currently used style exists in $STYLENAME$Mobile version. For example OxygenMobile will be used instead of Oxygen on a mobile device. If current style doesn't have a mobile version then mobileswitch will use OxygenMobile if it exists.

MobileSwitch Download

Feel free to give ideas or pointers.

Re: [Release] mobileswitch

Thanks very much for this piece of work.

I've installed it here....

If you and others can test and report back any issues .... thanks in advance....

PS: In manifest.xml you have tested till 1.3.2 - if it's working here, you can put 1.3.4 !

Cheers, fixed it.

Note that this is a small extension until I finished the full one where I planned to give users the ability to set a specific style for mobile devices. Until then just poke me if any changes needs to be done.

I will keep this extension maintained purely based of interest from other forum managers. If you want this extension maintained then please "watch" the git repository on Github as long as you are using it.

This will keep me motivated to continue to work on it and keep it in a state where it is easy to understand and use by others (otherwise it will fall underneath my ugly hacks priority list).

5 (edited by Loa 2010-12-15 11:28)

The only issue I found on this extension on PunBB Informer page is that you havn't installed the OxygenMobile theme. So the extension will basically do nothing wink

If users want's to get the normal theme on their mobile phones then they can just change User Agent in their browsers. Works atleast on some version of Android.

Mine looks really bad using that theme.
(I don't have a good mobile to check it with yet)
[also using Daris's portal.. uhoh]

Is it supposed to look mega screwed up in a browser when using that theme?

Loa wrote:

The only issue I found on this extension on PunBB Informer page is that you havn't installed the OxygenMobile theme

I just noticed I can't upload to the style folder here at PunBB - don't know why... some rights issue . Will have to check with alexp or Slavok.

Thanks ....

kiejr:
No difference should be visible on a normal computer.

And it might very may be that it all gets very wierd with Daris's portal.... but the normal index, viewforum and viewtopic pages should look good with the mobile phones tested with the style so far (there is a list in readme for OxygenMobile)

9 (edited by Eretz 2010-12-29 01:04)

This extension works perfectly. Thank you very much for such work !

- I've yet detected one problem : when I disconnect myself, i have this message :
Fatal error : cannot redeclare mobile_device_detect () (previously declared in /home/www/c23ee494339f4673173c93ff37a3a87a/web/forum-scpo/extensions/mobileswitch/mobile_device_detect.php:68) in /home/www/c23ee494339f4673173c93ff37a3a87a/web/forum-scpo/extensions/mobileswitch/mobile_device_detect.php on line 176

Which make that people cannot disconnect from the forum. Strange isn't it ?

- Other question : is it possible, when I am on my mobile, to prefer another skin, such as the classic skin of my forum, instead of oxygenmobile ?

Thank you very much !

What do you mean with disconnecting?

when I am on my mobile, to prefer another skin, such as the classic skin of my forum, instead of oxygenmobile ?

Not with this simple extension. But your mobile phones webbrowser could support switching user agent to Desktop. Try that out wink