Re: [Beta release] msgFlow

Well, the core part is basically finished. When I adjusted the server code for updating viewforum then it will work for all parts of the forum regarding posts.

I will then be able to just hack together the client side code for Dari's Portal without any problem at all. I will create a small list of upcoming stuff in priotized order in top page.

Wicked, looking forward to it.
Cheers for your hard work.  smile

It gives me joy in life to create stuff that people have use for. I'm just happy I took the step to release my projects instead of only having it active on my own forums. smile

Alright, huge update.

Viewforum should now be updated live without any problems.

Enjoy!  big_smile

Where can I see an example? This really doesn't work on mine, even when I disable daris' portal.

31 (edited by Eretz 2010-12-22 19:35)

I have some problems to install this super extension.

When I put msgflow folder on the extensions root, and when I go to the extension board on my forum, it says that "the name of the extension must exclusively contain alphanumerical caracters and underscrore". So I change the name of the extension to put "_" instead of "-"

But when I change it on the name of the extension folder it says that "the extension/ID does not correspond to the name of the extension".

Where must I change the ID so that it can correspond to the name of the extension ?

thank you !

Sorry for the late respond, seems like my subscribtion to this post isnt working cause I never recieved a notification email.

Try this, remove the current dir you have and download a fresh copy directly from github. Then make sure that the dir name for the extension is exactly "msgflow".

punbb/extensions/msgflow/manifest.xml

There doesn't exist any "-" in my id or title. And where did you find a name field?

kiejr wrote:

Where can I see an example? This really doesn't work on mine, even when I disable daris' portal.

I put up a forum at http://msgflow.avarice.se/.
I will keep it up-to-date with the latest msgflow.

New update!

Fixed some issues with the item-nav, but now it should show properly and even updates number of pages in active topics and viewforum for topics.

Active topics page is now updated live as index and viewforum. Works like a charm.

KeyDog wrote:

I haven't test this; but for my purposes a tab open with "active topics" and your ext updating that would be my perfect solution.... (if you have a long index page like here, it's not as easy to keep up with new topics as it is with active topics page) and with a beep....  is that do-able?

Enjoy!

Changed upcoming features, removed stuff that I had added without request from others.

Changed my mind about on/off and mute to be saved as cookie instead of database (makes it possible to have different settings on different computers).

KeyDog wrote:

By the way... I have a chrome punbb tab open on another screen.... and that hasn't updated in at least 10min... even though there are new posts....

Any ideas why that would be? is it on a IP basis? so if I'm looking at 3 pcs 3 punbb forums will it stop updating them if one is updated?

Sorry, missed this question of yours. Every client is independently and currently they will even announce new messages by yourself. So it's not IP based, all of them will work independently.

But there could be a connection issue or something and currently you will not notice this as I havn't fixed any status bar, it just silently dies. Later when we have a status bar then you will be able to see if msgFlow is still active (like online status of an IM or whatever), and option to reconnect if it for some reason fails. I might even implement 3 retries to connection, that way it will probably never fail at all.

Okay but on github, when I download the file, the name is "Loa-msgflow-db77c19". It seems that they change the extension name for each download.

And when I put the new folder, I'm told on the extension admin board that it is made for punBB 1.3.4... Seems that I won't get this extension (I have 1.3.2 and don't want to change it)

Eretz wrote:

Okay but on github, when I download the file, the name is "Loa-msgflow-db77c19". It seems that they change the extension name for each download.

And when I put the new folder, I'm told on the extension admin board that it is made for punBB 1.3.4... Seems that I won't get this extension (I have 1.3.2 and don't want to change it)

It probably works on 1.3.*. Don't know if they done any big markup changes the past versions. Just try edit the manifest file and change the requirement.

39 (edited by Loa 2011-02-09 13:05)

Why can't I find this thread in PunBB 1.3 extensions forum?

Anyway, I havn't done so much on this the past weeks. I will keep updating if someone asks for bug-fix. I will probably improve and add the missing features when I find time.