1

Topic: users are not registered after confirmation

I had a number of complaints from users who received and responded to the confirmation email but their status remained as "unverified user".

Is there anything I can do to check what's wrong?

forum, Art, Architecture

Did you visit the textpattern forum?

2

Re: users are not registered after confirmation

What version of code are you using (I mean "normal" PunBB 1.3.4 or did you apply changes from SVN?)

Eraversum - scifi browser-based online webgame

3 (edited by dimkalinux 2011-03-09 19:59)

Re: users are not registered after confirmation

Working on SVN version.

Re: users are not registered after confirmation

colak wrote:

I had a number of complaints from users who received and responded to the confirmation email but their status remained as "unverified user".

Is there anything I can do to check what's wrong?

After user responded on confirmation email - it redirect to page with passwords. After user setup own password - it redirect to index page. At this moment user is a) Unverified b) Not logged.

When user logged first time - his group changed from Unverified to Member (default group).

5

Re: users are not registered after confirmation

Grez wrote:

What version of code are you using (I mean "normal" PunBB 1.3.4 or did you apply changes from SVN?)

I'm using v1.3.4. no mods.

dimkalinux wrote:

After user responded on confirmation email - it redirect to page with passwords. After user setup own password - it redirect to index page. At this moment user is a) Unverified b) Not logged.

When user logged first time - his group changed from Unverified to Member (default group).


I'm not sure as to what happens after they click the email confirmation except that a password is requested and supplied for. After that, the users just remain unverified without access to the forum.

forum, Art, Architecture

Did you visit the textpattern forum?

Re: users are not registered after confirmation

colak, yes it how it works in 1.3.4 - user click on link on email, setup password and redirect on index.page. Not logged.
After this user may login to forum.

7

Re: users are not registered after confirmation

dimkalinux wrote:

colak, yes it how it works in 1.3.4 - user click on link on email, setup password and redirect on index.page. Not logged.
After this user may login to forum.

So what you say is that unless they login after they set up their password their status remain unverified?

forum, Art, Architecture

Did you visit the textpattern forum?

Re: users are not registered after confirmation

colak, exactly