1 (edited by trenchnz 2011-05-14 20:46)

Topic: Modified PunBB

I have a version of PunBB that I have modified to suit my requirements. My question is when I do a database back up thru phpmyadmin, does this only pick up the content of the forums?. Am I right in guessing the changed punbb forum installation  files will have to be downloaded seperately via an FTP client?.

As you can see, I am way new to all this, but am reading up on it a lot, so I have the nuts and bolts of it sorted, it's just the details that are eluding me at this point.

Thank you punbb community, this is a great product, and is easy to use.

Re: Modified PunBB

Yes. Backup your files with ftp.

Thank you.

My next question is when I restore a backup, do I have to use the original db names I used, or can I use new ones?. Rookie Question here  tongue

Thanks for the help so far, it is appreciated.

Do you mean table names or just the forum database name? If you mean just the latter, take a look in your config.php file wink

When I set the databases up in my cpanel, I had to give them a name, username and password. Do I have to use the original name/user/pass if I'm restoring from a backup?.

Just restore the database, re-upload the files for the forum, then put the new info for the database in your config.php file.

Ok, thanks very much.