1 (edited by joejoe 2011-08-07 11:08)

Topic: Disable Links In BB Code

I've spent the last 2 days trying to look for a solution to this. I can't be the only one that wants a forum that doesn't have the ability to post links?

I want to disable url bbcode and autolinking. Plain and simple.

Disabling all BBCode from the admin panel isn't an option since then it gets rid of all text formatting.

I've Googled so many tutorials explaining how to do this on outdated versions of PunBB. I know this is possible in 1.3. If you know how please tell me sad

2 (edited by hklown 2011-08-07 18:18)

Re: Disable Links In BB Code

Do you just want to get rid of the autolinking or the entire

[url]

tag? I can probably whip something up to do this for you though.

3 (edited by joejoe 2011-08-07 18:55)

I want to disable autolinking and the

[url]

so that members can't insert links.

That would be fantastic if you could do it! How much would it cost? Thanks.

Just as an extra (not necessary), would it be possible for mods to have permission to post links?

Thanks so much.

Don't worry about cost. It's finals week for me in college though, so it may take a few days for me to be able to get around to it. If you need it ASAP, send me a PM.

That's fantastic, thank you very much hklown, much appreciated. I'm in no position to make a demand for it ASAP so whenever you manage to do it it would be very much aprpeciated!

Thanks.

Just a heads-up, I finished my finals yesterday and have ~two weeks off to do some leisure coding smile

Okay, it's done. Check it out here.

Hi!
You can disable autolinking via the administration console in the "Features" tab of the "Topic and post content" block.

hklown, thank you so very, very much for taking the time to write this extension. Words cannot express the gratitude for it. It's absolutely perfect! Thank you! I hope many other forum admins will find it useful.