Topic: Visited Topics doesn't seem to be remembered....

With 1.3 I could go to 'new posts' and the forum would remember what topics I had visited and remove them as I visited them.

This no longer happens.  The forum seems to 'forget' what I've seen every time I close my browser or go to a different system.

Is there something I can do to dig into this deeper and/or fix this?

Re: Visited Topics doesn't seem to be remembered....

How i can reproduce this problem. Step by step.
Is this exists only on your forum or on this too?

Register.

View the forum (just hit the active topics link and middle-click the first 10-20 or so)

Close browser.

Wait a while for new topics - a few hours is probably plenty.

Click the 'new posts' link.  In theory, it would only show you topics that have posts that you have not already seen.

However, all the old posts you previously view that do not have new topics will still be in the list.

Any luck?

In new topics showed topics that have new posts after your last visit. Last visit you can see in profile.
You can update last visit click by link mark all topics as readed - this link update your last visit.

In the past, it automatically updated the 'last visit' --- why is it manual now?

Not manual, last visit update after timeout visit value in forum config.

"timeout visit value"

Is that the "Visit Timeout" value?  That value says that it is "Seconds idle before user is logged out".

My users wanted this value extremely high (I put it to like 30 days or something) so that they don't get automatically logged out daily.

Is there a different way other than lowering this value to 30 minutes to have the 'new posts' page work again?

Federer Photography wrote:

Is there a different way other than lowering this value to 30 minutes to have the 'new posts' page work again?

I worry that if I lower the value so much as to make it useful, some people who might spend an hour composing a post might lose it by being logged out.