Topic: Reason for banning

I'd like to see a feature that adds a data field for the reason someone was banned from the forum.
Currently, if a user clicks on the user list - all the see is the fact that someone was banned.  To prevent others from doing the things that got members banned, I think it would be a good idea to show a note stating why that user was banned.

Re: Reason for banning

@ Intelifuel : great idea.

I think it would be less aggressive just to stick a post with all the reasons why a member could be banned from the forum.

Dudley wrote:

@ Intelifuel : great idea.

I think it would be less aggressive just to stick a post with all the reasons why a member could be banned from the forum.

No one reads rule threads

Intelifuel wrote:

I'd like to see a feature that adds a data field for the reason someone was banned from the forum.
Currently, if a user clicks on the user list - all the see is the fact that someone was banned.  To prevent others from doing the things that got members banned, I think it would be a good idea to show a note stating why that user was banned.

Just include a list on your site for all the things that can get you banned. Number them. Then when you ban someone you can say, "You are banned for doing a number 2 when you only held up one finger."