Topic: How to return from FluxBB?

I had two major complains with punBB:
1) subforums (buggy, becouse mess up "unread posts" signs.)
2) lack of compact design styles but SpinkBB did not work.

So I tried a migrate and now regret. I migrated to FluxBB, but that was like returning to punBB 1.2. The biggest headache is that FluxBB 1.4.8 does not have plugins. But modifications are crazy.
I need subforums but it asks 74 (!) steps in modification...
https://github.com/daris/fluxbb-sub-forum
Are you serious? Does these people think that ordinary people love php editing?

So I tried to get back to punBB. But FluxBB do not create its own tables in database but change PunBB original ones. Well, - I thought, - I have a sql backup. But I found that for some reasons I do not have full backup despite I eksported database several times and last two it stopped at completely the same size...

So I have now problem.
How to get back from FluxBB 1.4.8?

Re: How to return from FluxBB?

Anybody?

Anybody what?

dimkalinux wrote:

Anybody what?

Anybody could help on this? It should not be difficult. It should be minor differences between FluxBB and PunBB. Going to FluxBB was very easy, should be opposite too.

Install fresh PunBB and look at database structure. Fix difference with your current database dump.
It should not be difficult.

dimkalinux wrote:

Install fresh PunBB and look at database structure. Fix difference with your current database dump.
It should not be difficult.

Well, I tried to install 1.3.2.
As install file finds config.php it says:

The file 'config.php' already exists which would mean that PunBB is already installed. You should go here instead.

But without config.php I get error 500.

I tried another thing, too.
I changed one thing also. When I tried after FluxBB return to PunBB, it said that I need to have user id1 for IIRC anonymous users. So at database I coppied one user, changed his id to 1, and deleted his name and email.
I returned to index.php, and forum opened as PunBB 1.4.8 (aparantly from FluxBB 1.4.8). But:
Ir "New alerts" it says:

Database version mismatch Your PunBB database is meant to be used in conjunction with a newer version of the PunBB code. This mismatch can lead to your forum not working properly. It is suggested that you upgrade your forum to the newest version of PunBB.

Also while on index.php page all categories, forums, threads, posts looks ok, - if I try to open them I get error 503.

What to do?

7 (edited by Ahmed 2012-04-07 23:00)

I found where in database I can change version number from 1.4.8 to 1.3.2, and did it. After that disappeared that "New alerts"/Database version mismatch.
Also I deleted that user id 1. Forum still is opening, but still trying to open any post turns to error 503.
What to do?

EDIT:
I found that with lack of "guest" user (id 1) those members who login automatically, they can access index page, PM. But if you are not automatically remembered and logged in, then you can not get in because you are guest. So in database I wrote "guest" as user id 1.

8 (edited by Ahmed 2012-04-07 22:55)

There is no way how to turn FluxBB slightly changed database back to PunBB? (I do not have recent database backup because I backup only appeared to be succesful.)

FluxBB is one way direction?
;-(
No welcoming for return of lost son?
:-D

I found strange things:
1) As registered member I can not open thread, - I get error 503.
2 As a guest I can open threads.
4) Spambot can (atleast start new thread).
5) As newly registered member I still cant open thread. Also standard member has wrong color - red and not blue...
6) I can not change something in usergroups from adminpanel.
7) Cant access to noones Profile.

So all problem is in users or usergroups... Tried in db change one user similar to guest, but it did not help...

Ok, with FluxBB is much better than it seemed. They have two plugins "Mod installer" and "Patcher". Both work for installing mods with one click.
So I have no more problems with FluxBB and returned to it.
Thanks.