Re: shoutbox_pun - a punbb shoutbox

how long time next release with post delete posibility ? Thank dude !

I'll be honest development is currently on hold, some other things have come up and I'm quite busy for the next few months (and have been busy for the past month or so).

If someone forks it on github and makes a pull request I'll happily take a bit of time out though smile

this feature not active in punbb 142

sorry my BAD english T___T
Have a nice day >.<
(^____^)v

reigyx_x wrote:

this feature not active in punbb 142

This works fine in 1.4.2
Link: forum.vphansite.com

username: demo
pass: demo

Is is possible to get this in a page for chatting? Like, i mean putting this shoutbox into a seperate page?

56 (edited by ams 2012-05-19 19:14)

I've just uploaded the latest version:

Version 8.2.111111: Added two new options 'let guests see shoutbox' and 'let guests post to shoutbox'

Hopefully more options to come. Any feedback appreciated.

If anyone runs a forum which uses this and has 'let guests see shoutbox' (and, even better, 'let guests post to shoutbox') please let me know so I can use it as a demo as I don't have anywhere to put one up at the moment.

Download (same as link in main post): https://github.com/downloads/andrewmich … ox_pun.zip

57 (edited by hoang83vu 2012-05-22 18:58)

Great extension. Thank you for the update.

link: http://forum.vphansite.com

Suggestion:

It would be nice if you can hook it up somewhere after the announcement div. I could not find an appropriate one. People might get lazy scrolling down to the bottom to see the shoutbox, not to mention if the site has too many subs.

Could you make it appear on every page?

Thanks hoang83vu, i'll stick a link to your site in the main post

Those options should now be quick to add, I just need to find an appropriate hook

This extension is really cool cool
As it was already requested, it could be nice if we had the possibility to show the shoutbox under the announcement box instead of at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the feedback and the suggestion toni0, I'll look in to this as a priority as so many people have requested it now

Suggestion:

New chat posts should appear at the bottom to avoid scrolling for new messages.

hoang83vu wrote:

Suggestion:

How do you mean exactly? Here they show at the top but the box is scrolled to the top automatically. You shouldn't need to scroll to see new posts.

He means when you post a message.

But that's especially on his forum because he has moved the input under the chatbox, which gives this strange effect. I have noticed the extension usually places the input above. In hoang's case (with the input under the chatbox) it makes sense listing messages from top to bottom, but that's quite specific. Not a big deal when you know it.

Damn, I'm a noob with extension developpement. I wanted to move the box abover the forum but I can't find a hook that resides above the main board (brd-main)  hmm
Is there a hooks list somewhere?

Suggest: can this shoutbox move on the TOP??

Have a nice day >.<
(^____^)v

By popular demand..

Just released

Version 8.3: Added option to show shoutbox on the top of the forum

https://github.com/downloads/andrewmich … ox_pun.zip (same as in main post)

Thanks!!  big_smile

So you had to use JScript to move it above the forum? No hook was available for that?

I used a hook - check the manifest.xml

Ahh my mistake, I didn't notice the "hd_head" hook usage!

I tried to use it also, but the shoutbox appeared completely above my page.

hy ams great, this is work (y)
do have fb acc?

Have a nice day >.<
(^____^)v

ams wrote:
hoang83vu wrote:

Suggestion:

How do you mean exactly? Here they show at the top but the box is scrolled to the top automatically. You shouldn't need to scroll to see new posts.

What I meant is that new chat lines should appear at the bottom. In this current version, they appear at the top. That would greatly improve reading experience. Thanks

I noticed of the new version. What are the changes? or it was only in manifest.xml?

hoang83vu wrote:

What I meant is that new chat lines should appear at the bottom. In this current version, they appear at the top. That would greatly improve reading experience. Thanks

aha, but that only makes sense for yours where you've modified it smile

I can look in to make the orientation opposite though

hoang83vu wrote:

I noticed of the new version. What are the changes? or it was only in manifest.xml?

Changes are in first post of this thread

Thank you. What I meant is in terms of code changes, but I was about to figure it out. Implemented!

74 (edited by ams 2012-07-18 12:58)

I'd quite like to improve the look and feel of this shoutbox, are there any designers/css people out there who fancy a pop?

If you don't want to bother with forking it on github then if you send me a new CSS i'll happily integrate the change

Thnx. you have done a great job.

It will be a good feature to have it on a new page. So we can use it like a chat page.