Topic: Is this punbb with AJAX/javascript?

I came across a site (weeklybeats) and I was hoping to find out if it is powered by punbb.  It looks like it is using AJAX/javascript to load the forum posts and I was hoping to find out how to do this. 

I think their site is based off of (chipmusic) but this one doesn't have the nifty player that comes down in the header.  The reason I like it is that it allows the music to play across multiple pages without the need for flash.  AND with the mod-rewrite, you still get nice url strings.

Can anyone here tell if this is punbb and maybe point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

ps - what is the deal with fluxBB?  Is it a revised version of punbb?  Just getting started here...

2 (edited by toni0 2012-06-19 10:03)

Re: Is this punbb with AJAX/javascript?

Hey sir,

Hm yes according to the CSS code it looks like a hardly modified PunBB! You'd rather contact the webmaster just to make sure of this smile

FluxBB is a fork project of PunBB 1.2, in my opinion it's still very similar. Their community is a bit more active but it's hard to compare both solutions.

toni0 wrote:

Hey sir,

Hm yes according to the CSS code it looks like a hardly modified PunBB! You'd rather contact the webmaster just to make sure of this smile

FluxBB is a fork project of PunBB 1.2, in my opinion it's still very similar. Their community is a bit more active but it's hard to compare both solutions.

No, punbb's community is alot more active.

Yes it is based on code punbb 1.3.*

NiCk Newman wrote:

No, punbb's community is alot more active.

My bad. I prefer PunBB anyway tongue