Topic: No File Specified Error

Hi everyone, I just finished installing PunBB and I noticed that when I try to click on a category thread, I get an error message: No File Specified

Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks,

Kendra

Re: No File Specified Error

Hello is anyone out there? I have these forums setup and I would like to move forward with them, but I can't when you try to view a thread in my forums I get an error and I am not understanding why it says ' no file specified ' can anyone help???

Do you use your own server? if so, check the apache logs
if you use a webhotel check to see if you can access their error logs.

I have a hosting company that provides everything, all I had to do was login to the panel, create a database, username and password and that should have been all, right? The boards setup fine I just cant open a category or post a thread I get the error message. Checked the db username for admin access and everything is good, I will take a look at the logs though later and see what they are saying.

5 (edited by GameGirl 2012-08-21 12:26)

Here is a link to the forums: pokerbonuslistings.com/pokerforum/ as you can see when they load up, and you click on the category or even the user list.

My first thing would to check the logs.
I think I had this once too when I fiddled with it here, cut I can't recall what I did.

Still can't get this figured out, is it a database problem? Should I just try to re-install? The forums work fine but when you try to view a category or click on a link from the forums I get No File Specified, like maybe one of the paths are incorrect or something? Not sure but wish someone could help.