1 (edited by praivo 2012-08-21 10:44)

Topic: Country ban - urgent!

As I have lots of spam from Chinese, Ukrainian, Russian and French users, I'd like to block all IP addresses from registering on my forum. Is it possible?
Is there such extension that would make me able to force new users to answer a "security question"? I mean that I set a question like "How much is 12+15?" (example) and without writing a correct answer they can't register. I've seen this on some sites but I'm not sure if it is possible in PunBB...

Re: Country ban - urgent!

It started almost a week ago. There gotta be a "hole" somewhere that they found.
I've heard other forums that got the same stuff happening.

I use the extension: "reCAPTCHA for punBB" but they still get it and I really don't think they do it manually.
If anyone finds a solution, post that in the forum.

thx

My punbb website got a few such spams every day starting a week ago. I am using reCAPTCHA and new user registration requires email confirmation.

Lucky you jerry2yu tongue
We get like 10-30 everyday since last week but when I'm awake I go and check all new users to see what they are
and most of them are spammers so I remove them even before they spam smile

Millennium wrote:

We get like 10-30 everyday since last week but when I'm awake I go and check all new users to see what they are

Sounds like a good idea to prevent spams beforehand, but it's still time consuming!

jerry2yu wrote:
Millennium wrote:

Sounds like a good idea to prevent spams beforehand, but it's still time consuming!

sure is sad

We need a good extension that works with 'Stop Forum Spam' and at registration!!! so they can't even get an account.
I think I tried once before but that didn't work, but I can't remember if that was a "true" extension that worked with
PunBB.

This could help.

antonio wrote:

This could help.

I enabled this extension. It is working well so far! Thanks!

I am now having reCAPTCHA, email confirmation, and this pun_stop_bots extension.

I am now having reCAPTCHA

You can turn of this, it's not user-friendly. Pun_stop_bots should be enough.

i think russia and china has the biggest spammer community

I think South Africa is also has a community of spammers

I have on my other Forum Stop Forum Spam, but its useless, because theyre changing ip adresses sad

For now, in my punbb forum is no spam.....