Re: Fancy Stop SPAM

Just noticed something

Guest tries to register with email in sfs database, fancy_stop_spam picks that up and stops registeration

then,

SAME IP with 'clean' email address registers and posts spam

Is there some way you could include
prohibit new attempt from same IP (example; within 48 hours)  ? [ IF the guest has already been caught trying to register with know spam email address...]

Currently this users blocks for 1 hour - const LIFETIME_SFS_EMAIL_IP_CACHED in code. Maybe need increased, but it can block others users from this IP. Need research and testing.

Thanks,
found the setting in fancy_stop_spam.inc.php
will test.

For 1.3, this works great!
http://mattstypa.com/recaptcha-for-punbb/

HTH
Oliver

http://tinymailto.com/oliversl <-- my email after a captcha

Hi, i installed the extension and is working great, i was just wondering if there is some setting to auto delete spammer accounts and posts?

And I would like to enable registering only from UTC+1:00, is there any way to do it?

dimkalinux wrote:

Its nice idea, but i think that adding API key in forum settings is danger, may be result too many false-positive data will be submited from bad admins. May be better is adding API key as hidden options f.e. define in config.php for admin who realy understand how it works.

Was this feature implemented? I have the latest version installed and I didn't see where the API key could be intered in any of the files.

I get 5-10 spammers signing up per day that aren't in the StopForumSpam database. It would be nice to be able to push their info over to save the time of copying and pasting each one individually.

New test version 1.3.52

PunBB 1.4
fancy_stop_spam_1.3.52.zip

http://pic.lg.ua/x/4/582f6a/md_aa928549.png
http://pic.lg.ua/x/1/dcbd25/md_8de54b31.png

59 (edited by Popov 2012-04-23 08:04)

Is this Spam protection works in PunBB forum?
I see great number of spam these days.

EDIT

This new version looks impressive. Thank you!

I'm using PunBB at Forex Forum since 2006.

60 (edited by Bibby 2012-04-27 09:32)

Dear dimkalinux,

Could you add a short summary about how to get the "API key" of StopForumSpam API key for report spamers? Or just a direct url link should be fine. smile

Also, maybe it's a good idea to show antispam info in the "Introduction" page of user profile, so that admin can quickly view related info. Add a "Delete user (with/without posts)" button will help a lot too.

Thanks for your great work.

Bibby wrote:

Dear dimkalinux,

Could you add a short summary about how to get the "API key" of StopForumSpam API key for report spamers? Or just a direct url link should be fine. smile

Also, maybe it's a good idea to show antispam info in the "Introduction" page of user profile, so that admin can quickly view related info. Add a "Delete user (with/without posts)" button will help a lot too.

Thanks for your great work.

dimkalinux wrote:
New test version 1.3.52

Excellent! I have installed it and will give it a workout.

Many thanks.

I really like the feature to limit the number of HTML links in messages.

Is it possible to have it only limit HTML links for new users with less than 5 posts or a specific user group?

LOVE the new version. It is a breeze to clean up the mess and report spammers in this version.

MANY thanks for the efforts!!!

dimkalinux wrote:
New test version 1.3.52

This extension is superb, installed on my forum and caught 61 potential spammers in the first 48 hours !  Well Done !

Could you please consider adding the evidence field to StopForumSpam reporting?
It really ought to submit a sample of the bot's garbage along with the report.

JamesBellinger, it will be in the next version.

68 (edited by JamesBellinger 2012-09-02 16:26)

By the way dimkalinux, minor thing I noticed:

On the forum settings, it says "StopForumSpam API key for report spamers".
Should be "for reporting spammers".

Probably also "Check email with" not "Check email by" StopForumSpam.

This is a great plugin by the way. It works amazingly well, far better than I'd hoped.
I notice you're listed Administrator.. will this become part of the PunBB default plugins at some point?

Thanks.
Currently i`m working at 2.0 version - i hope i`ve fix this errors in new release in October.

dimkalinux wrote:

Thanks.
Currently i`m working at 2.0 version - i hope i`ve fix this errors in new release in October.

Plisss update in fisrt post in page one arrrrh.... smile

sorry my BAD english T___T
Have a nice day >.<
(^____^)v

Thanks for doing this.....

Hi dimkalinux,

thank you for this extension - I hope it will work for me.

Maybe you can explain, what these settings do: honeypot protection, timeout and timezone protection.

Thanks

73 (edited by rahulpsharma 2012-09-17 17:30)

Its not working for me... sad... I am getting the following error...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function forum_config_add() in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\Forum\admin\extensions.php(176) : eval()'d code on line 3

This is what I did:
Downloaded the zip file from the link in the above post... Unzipped and copied the folder in Extensions folder of Punbb.. Then went to Administration -> Extensions -> Clicked Install and got this error...

My punbb version is 1.4.2

Pls help...

regards
Rahul

Are you sure that are using version 1.4.2?
Please show #193-206 lines from a file include/common_admin.php

hcs wrote:

Are you sure that are using version 1.4.2?
Please show #193-206 lines from a file include/common_admin.php

sad.. There are only 188 lines in common_admin.php... The last line is ($hook = get_hook('ca_new_function')) ? eval($hook) : null;

I used dreamweaver 8 as  the editor to view and open this file...

I  think the version is 1.4.2... Following is a copy/paste of my Administrator Panel
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Administrator AlertsDatabase version mismatch Your PunBB database is meant to be used in conjunction with a newer version of the PunBB code. This mismatch can lead to your forum not working properly. It is suggested that you upgrade your forum to the newest version of PunBB.

PunBB versionPunBB 1.4.2
© 2008-2011 PunBB, partially based on code © 2008-2009 FluxBB
This board is setup to automatically check for updates and hotfixes against the punbb.informer.com updates service.
Server loadNot available (1 users online)

EnvironmentOperating system: WINNT
PHP: 5.2.10 - Show info
Accelerator: N/A
DatabaseMySQL Improved 5.5.6
Rows: 80,225
Size: 4.61 MB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in adv and Regards
Rahul