Re: Fancy Stop SPAM

Copy over all files from original archives. Make backup files and database before copying.

hcs wrote:

Copy over all files from original archives. Make backup files and database before copying.

Sorry, I didnt get it... Do you mean to say that I should download the zip file of punbb 1.4.2 again and copy its content to my forum folder?

Regards
Rahul P Sharma

This extension not tested on Windows platform.

79 (edited by ams 2012-09-19 16:31)

So I'm trying this out, I logged out and when I try to log back in I get the message:

Sorry, but we think you are bot. You cant login on this forum.

I'm using Lastpass to login - I suspect this is the cause. When I type out my username and password it works fine.

update

Yes, looks like this is due to enabling Enable honeypot protection on the Login form. I'm guessing last pass is filling in some hidden input tags which is causing the problem!

80 (edited by Justice 2012-10-03 20:25)

I am trying out this extension on a forum running PubBB 1.4.2 with a Postgresql database. The extension installs fine, but when I click on the Antispam section in Administration, I receive this error:

Sorry! The page could not be loaded.

This is probably a temporary error. Just refresh the page and retry. If problem continues, please check back in 5-10 minutes.

On another forum, same PunBB version, but MySQL database, I don't get the error. I am guessing this extension is not compatible with Postgresql? This is with fancy stop spam version 1.3.52.

UPDATE: It seems the problem is due to this extension using the MySQL function INET_NTOA in the print_logs() function, which is not available in Postgresql. sad To fix I added an inet_ntoa function to postgresql by executing the following on my database:

create or replace function inet_ntoa(int) returns inet as '
select ''0.0.0.0''::inet+$1;'
language sql immutable;

when i am using fancy stop spam with pun_stop_bots, i am getting some error, when a user is trying to post then pun_stop_bots is keep on asking question and no posting is happening only questions are coming
So i have unintall pun_stop_bots for a while to get the performance to fancy stop spam.

is there any extension to use recaptcha?
Thanks in advance

Justice, i will fix it in new version. Thanks for reporting.

I've been having the same issue Justice had on SQLite but hadn't debugged it.

It does look like you can do the same conversion in native PHP, though, with the long2ip() function. I changed the query in line 334 of fancy_stop_spam.inc.php to just be:

'SELECT' => 'fl.activity_type, fl.ip AS ip, fl.activity_time, fl.user_id, fl.comment, u.username'

and then after the while in line 348:

$cur_act['ip'] = long2ip($cur_act['ip']);

and it seems to work fine. And suddenly I realize there's a lot of logging that I've never seen before. smile

I fixed that error in FancyStopSpam2 - but its not ready yet.

Seems to be running fine for me.

May i ask for a feature to not make checks (as it will create load) after XX number of posts.

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

What checks about?

Major checks made in register form and we dont known number of posts for new user.

Well there is an option in stop bot questions extension, which there is a an option to stop showing bot questions after xx number of posts.

From the desc of this extension, it says it does checks in post form, links in messages etc, does that mean this extension does check for every post of every user?

Checking for identical posts and max links is checking only for new users.

ah, good.

This extension is compatible with "Post and registration approval 1.5.2" ??

Not tested.

If you use manual registration approval — you don't need anti-spam.

Yes, he need. It is less job.

I have it installed on 1.4.2.

If you wish for the link, I'll give the link to the forums for you.

By the way, it's AirTran Virtual's official forums; we are constantly getting spammed by advertising bots, thus, a plugin that would really stop this flow of spam is going to help us reduce the load of alerts of new registrations in our inbox (yes, we know how to turn it off, but we want to know who has just signed up and whether is is one of our pilots).

If needed, we'll test anything you want on 1.4.2.

This extension doesn't work properly? Try KeyCAPTCHA.com

New test version 1.3.54

Updated Stop Forum Spam Api url.

PunBB 1.4
fancy_stop_spam_1.3.54.tar.gz

Very nice code.

On my new forum, it's stopping all the bots with the honeypot and timeout code alone - about 100 a day. Very efficient.

For a new forum admin like me, this is a real pleasure.

Thanks much!

Hi there

Not sure if this is still being supported but I recently upgraded to 1.4.2 and now I am getting inundated with spam. I tried installing this - no problem. However when I click the antispam in the settings I get that the page cannot be be found. I checked the path and admin.php is present but yet I still ge this 404 error.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot

Olly

100 (edited by Bibby 2015-06-16 08:26)

Dear developers,

This extension doesn't work with PunBB-1.4.2 and the new 1.4.3: When delete a user, there's no option to report this user to stopforumspam.com (i have a valid API key).

Any plan to update this extension?