Re: pun_stop_bots

tundern wrote:

Where in the admin section?  Not in the Administration Section of my forum when open in the latest Google Chrome.

[yourforum]/admin/settings.php?section=pun_stop_bots_questions

Administration » Settings » Stop bots questions

27 (edited by antonio 2012-08-22 08:54)

Lately I have had a problems with raising amount of spambots on my forum. This extension seems to work well on v1.4.2 (after a change in maxtestedon in manifest file) too. Thanks Slavok.

BUT as I noticed now, it will be fine have the option to turn it off while sending post - I would appreciate it only in registration. Please.

P.S.: Well, solved, the solution I have just found here. Thanks KeyDog.

P.S.S.: As an answer do not use numerals, it ought to be something original, particularly in English.

I used this extension only at registration with logical questions thanks to keydog trick in the source files.

We don't have any new bots since I installed it !
Thanks a lot and I hope it'll work for a long time smile

I am having a problem with this, some users reported that the spam question is asked again and again while trying to post even though they answered the correct answers.

Same problem as mentioned there.
http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … -spam-bot/

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

I've not tested. Any alert, error?

Tested on PHP 5.3, works fine.
It is propably because some extensions don't support SQLite.

I am not sure, but it is very possible. I've tested it on PHP 5.3 and MySQL and it works! I'll test it later on SQLite also, and give you results.

33 (edited by Jesse J 2013-02-13 05:19)

I installed it in PunBB 1.4.2, but it seems to be prompting all my users to answer a question every time they post.  How can I stop this?

PunBB 1.4.2
MySQL 5.5.29
PHP 5.4.11
spawn-fcgi v1.6.3
Nginx 1.2.6

EDIT: "Worked around" it by removing the "po_form_submitted" hook from the DB and disabling/re-enabling the mod.  It would be nice for this to be a setting in the admin panel though!

34 (edited by Jesse J 2013-02-13 06:07)

Another nice feature would be to permit "blacklist" answers; again, I kludged it in, but it'd be nice to have official support for this.  For example, if I asked "If you are not a bot, type anything other than 'bot' in this box:", I could put "~bot" as an answer and it would reject an answer of "bot".  Again, it'd be nice to have this as a configurable feature though, where you could specify the character that inverts the answer, or maybe just have a checkbox next to the answers field that serves that function instead.

My kludge (replacing the appropriate function in functions.php), where a "~" as the first character in the answers box inverts it:

function pun_stop_bots_compare_answers($answer, $question_id)
{
        global $forum_db, $forum_user, $pun_stop_bots_questions, $lang_pun_stop_bots;
        $answer_list = $pun_stop_bots_questions['questions'][$question_id]['answers'];
        $inv = false;
        $result = false;

if (substr($answer_list,0,1) == '~') {
                $answer_list = substr($answer_list,1);
                $inv = true;
        }

$result = in_array($answer, explode(',', $answer_list));

if ($inv)
                return !$result;
        else
                return $result;
}

One last suggestion for improvements: Record (or offer the option to) which question the user answered correctly during their registration, to help discover any "weak" questions (i.e. if spammers are consistently answering one particular question correctly, you'll be able to track that and remove/change it).  It might need to record the text of the question, otherwise if a question is updated after a user registered, it might show the wrong question when reviewing.

I am chinese.I have installed pun_stop_bots.but there are many bots registrations eveyrday.Please help me.thanks a lot.

Have you changed default questions?

Same problem here. We have changed the default questions but the bots are registering ...

Is there another antispam-extension working with 1.4?

Fancy_Stop_Spam

Hello,

Does this extension just do for registration and not posting? How can i set it so it only asks users once the question when registering? Thanks smile

This extension works well. It certainly reduces the amount of spam registrations, but it is amazing how many spammers are not bots these days, they are obviously paying these annoying people to trash our forums with their fake Gucci handbags, and Rolex watches.

I am using punbb for something quite different to a forum board, and have got one simple question on the stop bots extension, and it has stopped all spammers dead in their tracks.

This doesnt work on mobiles, can you fix this.

thank you,

Hmm? Could you give a screen? What doesn't work?

i cant have screenshoots since its in mobile, the problem is that it doesnt show the bot question in the mobiles, which makes you unable to post.

44 (edited by mitchelacardo 2013-05-25 08:53)

Does any one know how to stop the questions when some ones posts and just when its doing register?

As some times when i try to post on my forum i get stuck with unlimited questions being asked...

Just need 1 question once on the registration

SuperMAG wrote:

i cant have screenshoots since its in mobile, the problem is that it doesnt show the bot question in the mobiles, which makes you unable to post.

As far as I know on mobile phones you can also print screen. This depends to your smartphone.

@mitchelacardo, it should ask only one question. Give us infos about your web server and screenshot how it looks.

I think i have fixed it now thank what i basically used was

the 1.3 version of http://punbb.informer.com/forums/post/137433/#p137433 for v1.4 of punbb which gives me 1 question only at regsiter i think when i do get in a lopp of unlimited question it might be due to me being logged into more than one account and the cookies get confused? anyway

Thanks for punbb.. now no spam whatso ever for me smile

Am I right? You are using an old version of this extension?

yeah the modified older version

Hi! I have a problem. This extention (Stop spam from bots 0.3.3) conflict with extension (OpenID login (Loginza) 0.3.5)

If i delete Stop spam from bots extension, OpenID login (Loginza) work  good, but not together. I need 2 extension, because some people not use Loginza and registered in forum on registration link.

Can you help me? What i need doing for work 2 extension together?

P.S. Sorry for my english, i from Russia

50 (edited by keeshii 2013-09-27 08:39)

This problem should be assigned to dimkalinux - the author of loginza extension and punbb developer. He is visiting this forum rarely, but you might send him an e-mail to reach him quicker (he is from Russia as well).

The problem can't be serious, if the extensions are working separetly. I think he will provide patch soon, if you ask him nicely smile

If you want to contact me quickly - send e-mail, not PM.
<?php $t='<?php $t=%c%s%c; printf($t,39,$t,39,10);%c'; printf($t,39,$t,39,10);