Topic: Win IIS - Unable to write configuration cache file to cache directory

I have had a look through the forum and see that most of the replies for the issue 'Unable to write configuration cache file to cache directory' relate to the folder permissions of the forum/cache folder.

I am running punbb on windows IIS (not my choice!) it is installed ok, but i get the error message.

I have checked the cache folder read/write settings and all seems ok.  I have also tried emptying the folder but the error still remains.

Are there any other suggestions?

Many thanks,

Mark

Re: Win IIS - Unable to write configuration cache file to cache directory

try deleting any thing in the cache directory, except the htaccess and index file

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Hi SuperMAG,

Thanks for the reply, I tried it and still have the same error!

I am guessing that it might be something to do with write permission differences with windows

If anyone else out there has come accross this problem, I found the solution was in the read/write access permissions to the cache folder.

IIS had read/write enabled for everyone, but I had to set those permissions for the Internet Guest Account as well, et voila!

Cheers for the update regarding the cure. That should come in helpful for future reference. smile

MattF wrote:

Cheers for the update regarding the cure. That should come in helpful for future reference. smile

Ty SuperMAG

Work like a charm wink

System catastrophes happen. Anyone who has ever used a computer knows the frustration of it crashing. Business systems and servers can experience the same thing. Add to that the risk of natural disaster and human error, and no matter how many safety measures are built into your systems there is always the chance of a major breakdown.