Re: [Release] Pun Approval

I know, thanks for your great job anyway. Though I think you should get involved. You are a good programmer and you are doing a lot of great things to the community.

Is there any news about an update for pun_approval?  I have been running into problems lately with people who are registering on a board that I have and then posting advertisements or rude comments.

If not, is there another way to handle this problem?

Thanks,

Mike

28 (edited by Rolex 2013-07-22 05:33)

The extension that I expect to see on punbb, is the ability for admins to hide inappropriate posts. If a user's post is inappropriate, admin will hide the post and it will show "This post was found inappropriate, and it has been hidden."

And should be somehow collapsed.

My contribution to this extension is that, administrator will not always be available to quickly approve posts or not to. Some posts may require urgent approval which may not be good if they are not quickly approved.

So my suggestion above seems the best, and an extension of that nature will make a very big sense.

After much searching I found a post in another thread that dealt with version checking in v. 1.4.2.

I found that it is necessary to disable the "version checking" in PunBB v. 1.4.2 in order for the pun_approval v. 1.4  extension to be installed successfully.  The following line needs to be added after the "define('FORUM', 1);" line in the config.php file":

define('FORUM_DISABLE_EXTENSIONS_VERSION_CHECK', 1);

After I did this the extension installed and is working well.

Mike

This plugin works for punBB 1.4.4. Just note it. Thanks.

A better way is to open manifest.xml and change the maxtestedon to 1.4.4.

Thanks for extension smile

XSS:

If thread title has javascript, it will be executed, when you click on thread in "Post approval" (admin/moderator panel).

Line 1023. Temporary fix is to add forum_htmlencode() call to $forum_page['item_subject'].

Does this work on Visman's 1.4.5?

I don't know, I haven't tested it.
But I looked at the pun_approval 1.4.3 code and found in it, apart from the XSS vulnerability, also a SQL injection vulnerability.
There are also logical errors when working with guests.

ForkBB
I speak only Russian  :P

Visman wrote:

I don't know, I haven't tested it.
But I looked at the pun_approval 1.4.3 code and found in it, apart from the XSS vulnerability, also a SQL injection vulnerability.
There are also logical errors when working with guests.

What extensions would you recommend to drastically reduce spam posts?

colak wrote:

What extensions would you recommend to drastically reduce spam posts?

Try Fancy Stop SPAM https://punbb.informer.com/forums/post/158414/#p158414 (In Settings for Fancy Stop SPAM set: Links in 1st message = 0, Links in guest message = 0)

and Edit Period https://punbb.informer.com/forums/post/158498/#p158498 (so that links are not added in old posts)

ForkBB
I speak only Russian  :P

Thanks so much... I've installed them and will keep an eye.