Re: The biggest PunBB?

I'm finding that here and there myself. Guess I gotta go to the backup email.

That patch definitely fix the problem.

So I'm assuming I've got the biggest? The only question I got is do we have any idea how big this software can handle?

Just an update I'm now at 699 members

Rows: 1019488
Size: 44.01 MB

gduncan229 wrote:

The only question I got is do we have any idea how big this software can handle?

It will handle just about any number of members/topics/posts. The limits are not in PunBB, but in the server.

A few months ago I converted a vBulletin database with 300.000 posts and about 15.000 members for use with PunBB and it worked fine. Actually I discovered that the database was missing an index, so I fixed that :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Kennel wrote:
A few months ago I converted a vBulletin database with 300.000 posts and about 15.000 members for use with PunBB and it worked fine.

Maybe it was the Sweclockers forum?  just a wild guess.. smile

Frank H wrote:

Mine:

This forum has 9 registered users, 174 topics and 2301 posts

... perhaps not that much ... but this is from the Admin page (showing the size of the sql tables) ... and I think I might be in the lead there wink

Rows: 74701
Size: 90.96 MB

but put it up during the summer(middle of july), and isn't open to the public ... yet smile

Edit: Well so far I think I've got the biggest database at least (defenetly not most posts though)

Rows: 103820
Size: 121.75 MB

Guess people will catch this pretty fast when I now have released the attachment mod big_smile

Let us see the forum then.. link?

Timpa wrote:
Let us see the forum then.. link?

Well it's to no use for you, as it's closed and doesn't accept new registrations...
We're still only 9 ppl, but the bb is alittle bigger now ...

It's used for developement of a few projects within that group of ppl, can't say anything more of it, or I'll get decapitated big_smile

This forum has 9 registered users, 337 topics and 4627 posts.
---
Rows: 156577
Size: 177.97 MB

But it's the files that does the size of it, the "attach_data.MYD" file is 171 MB big_smile

31 (edited by CSpotkill 2004-01-04 22:28)

In 2 weeks, I've 36 registered users, 112 topics and 1347 posts.
OS: Windows Server 2003/IIS6      PHP: 4.3.3      DB: MySQL 4.0.17-nt    Rows: 30668     Size: 1.48 MB

The only problem I've noticed with PunBB is that sometimes my cookie times out before I can reach all of the replies on the forum and other times I've read every thread but it's still marked the entire board unread. Grr...

I'd say we need an easier way to view all the new posts, though I found clicking on the date of the last post and getting to it is helpful. [Edit: Just saw the New Posts link ... that's very useful, but not exactly what I'm looking for ... ]

I think the Show_New search should show not just the threads, but the new posts themselves, all on one page. Maybe have seperate iframes, to scroll up and re-read the thread, as well as a reply box for each thread, beside the thread's iframe perhaps. Because when your forums are getting tons of posts each hour, it's hard to keep up ... and having the cookie timeout before you finish reading all the replies is annoying, then you have to figure out for yourself what you haven't read yet and inevitably some threads fall through the cracks.

Frank H wrote:

This forum has 9 registered users, 337 topics and 4627 posts.
---
Rows: 156577
Size: 177.97 MB
But it's the files that does the size of it, the "attach_data.MYD" file is 171 MB big_smile

Yeah, at most, I'd say you've about 60000 rows and 7 MB of non-attachments wink

CSpotkill wrote:

Actually the files only take about 1400 rows (667 files*2 + some attachment rules for the forums) ... so the messages make the most of the rows ... about 157 820 - 1400 ~= 155500 wink

but sure ... without the attachments the actual byte size isn't that large ... hmm... the table with most rows is the forum_serach_matches ... with a staggering 131 977 rows ... I guess it mean that one have long posts or something wink

Frank H wrote:
CSpotkill wrote:

... without the attachments the actual byte size isn't that large ... hmm... the table with most rows is the forum_serach_matches ... with a staggering 131 977 rows ... I guess it mean that one have long posts or something wink

Well, I stand corrected. Anyway, search_matches is huge for me as well, over 70% of the database is just for the search feature. I guess I've smaller, yet more frequent posts than in your forum. Interesting. wink

I have 25 registered users, 29 topics and 149 posts. It's been up and running for about a week, but the users will never exceed 50.

gduncan229 wrote:

I think I've got the biggest one smile

I have 557 registered users, 1850 topics and 23031 posts.

Rows: 650461
Size: 28.19 MB

Can anyone hazard a guess and say how big the same forum would be in Invision or phpBB?

This forum has 854 registered users, 265 topics and 7530 posts.

Rows: 10456
Size: 3.41 MB

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

Russian Board
http://master-tv.com/forum/index.php
2021 registered users, 6036 topics and 48703 posts.

Jovani wrote:

Russian Board
http://master-tv.com/forum/index.php
2021 registered users, 6036 topics and 48703 posts.

Whats really pleasing is how quick it is. One of the forums has 88 pages but it doesn't seem to slow the board down at all.

When I visit that URL, I get redirected to http:///suspended.page/ ?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

40 (edited by Woppe 2004-02-04 20:36)

I dont have so many posts, but still about 160 users. But, I don't use the pun_users only for the forum, there are 160 users that is registered to use my services at the whole site (http://www.codeshack.se)

Rows: 8795
Size: 2.45 MB

Rickard wrote:

It gets worse. They seem to have replace PunBB with phpBB.

Paul wrote:
Rickard wrote:

It gets worse. They seem to have replace PunBB with phpBB.

What the!? :D

Rows: 38607
Size: 1.82 MB
Detta forum har 40 användare, 194 trådar och 2533 inlägg.

^^

and the guy on the previous page replaced his with vbulletin...

Thats the problem. As more and more people join up, they will demand more features.. the easiest way out for the forum administrator is to convert hmm

These forums today:

Rows: 274870
Size: 13.06 MB

Rows: 6002
Size: 1.78 MB

This forum has 158 registered users, 250 topics and 4990 posts.

Meh, not bad.

Rows: 46267
Size: 3.9 MB

I think I've found the biggest ones:

barrowfc.com - 31854 posts, 1020 users
forum gitara.pl - 2257 users, 17629 posts

I've been thinking/working on a "punbb-big-boards" and made som research :) Btw, the largest board listed at big-boards.com has 80'259'040 posts! Thats waaaay more than alot of posts :D

Mine's defenitly not the biggest out here, I'll mention it anyway:

http://forums.audio-tracker.com/

This forum has 87 registered users, 25 topics and 102 posts.

Rows: 7486
Size: 1.77 MB

I'll soon work on a custom style. Kinda busy at the moment.

1,661 users with 166,783 individual posts sounds pretty large. ;-)