Topic: Hebrew PunBB (PunBBHeb)

Hello,
The last translation project of punbb to hebrew was shut down so me and my friend, start a new Project .
We translat almost all of the script and we hope to finish in a few days .
We whant to ask permission to translat the all site to hebrew and Open a site named punBBHeb .
This is the Forum http://punbbheb.hostec.net/Forums
Best regards ,
Slash

Best regards,
Slash

Re: Hebrew PunBB (PunBBHeb)

Nice to see a more up to date Hebrew translation. However, I don't want you to translate the whole site. If you mirror this site in Hebrew, people will believe your site is somehow officially connected to PunBB and I don't want that. It's not that I believe you guys will do a bad job, it's just that I want to avoid confusion. You are of course more than welcome to create your own site on which you translate parts of this site, but if you do, you must specify that the text was originally taken from this site.

I have a question regarding PunBBHeb. What changes to the scripts are required beyond what you change in the language pack? I guess it has something to do with text alignment.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

From what I saw everything e.g. columns gets transposed. Hopefully in 1.2 it will only be the tables that need to be manually edited. With luck everything else will simply be a matter of changing float, margin and text-alignment settings in the stylesheet. I will test it.

4 (edited by Slash 2004-06-09 10:41)

Rickard wrote:

Nice to see a more up to date Hebrew translation. However, I don't want you to translate the whole site. If you mirror this site in Hebrew, people will believe your site is somehow officially connected to PunBB and I don't want that. It's not that I believe you guys will do a bad job, it's just that I want to avoid confusion. You are of course more than welcome to create your own site on which you translate parts of this site, but if you do, you must specify that the text was originally taken from this site.

I have a question regarding PunBBHeb. What changes to the scripts are required beyond what you change in the language pack? I guess it has something to do with text alignment.

The last  translation was very bad he onley translat the leng files and he didnt translat the PHP files and align it to the Right becouse hebrew is RIGHT-LEFT language that mean that we turn all the tables to the right .
here is example http://www.hostec.net/img/punbbheb2.JPG

Best regards,
Slash

Best regards,
Slash

Hopefully we can make PunBB 1.2 so that it can be translated just by way of language files. I don't like the fact that you have to edit the scripts. It will make updates and mods really difficult.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I will publish a post when all the Forum 100% will be translat.
We almost Finished all the Admin panel .
We also translate the Install.php that will install the Hebrew Leng Pack.

Best regards,
Slash

Sorry for butting in again.

Rickard wrote:

Hopefully we can make PunBB 1.2 so that it can be translated just by way of language files. I don't like the fact that you have to edit the scripts. It will make updates and mods really difficult.

Interesting idea but I can't see any way you can avoid having to manually flip the tables. You can make them look as if they have been flipped in the stylesheet by changing the colum widths, wrapping etc but that doesn't change which bits of data get put into each column unless of course you do this

<td>
if left to right
   this data
else
  that data
</td>

That of course works but doesn't help with the admin interface

How about adding a var to the language pack for the text alignment.
Something like ltr and rtl (left-to-right and right-to-left) could be usefull.

I have a quistion .
We whant to pruche domain .
what domain is better ?
PunBBHeb.org or PunBBHeb.com or PunBBHeb.net ?

Best regards,
Slash

.org

Falconey: There is such a variable already. However, the individual table cells and whatnot need to be correctly aligned as well. Just <html dir="rtl"> doesn't quite do it.

Arabic and hebrew is RightToLeft language
i was check hebrew language before began translating PunBB to arabic,
also you can do that, but i am not translating source code (Admin Panels) for easy updates.

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

12 (edited by Falconey 2004-06-10 18:43)

Rickard, i thought i've seen it before somewhere big_smile (d0h)

Offtopic:
What exactly does 'lang_multibyte' do in the language common file ?