Topic: Email forward in report mailing list?

First of all - I'd been using flux, got frustrated and decided to try PunBB. Everything's been a breeze so far... Great forum software! Thank you!!

I have an email that forwards to the moderators - it's used for things like reports and registrations ("if your mail doesn't arrive, contact moderators@domain.com").

The idea of the forwarder is that if someone has an issue and they email "moderators@domain.com" - we all get the mail and can resolve the issue as soon as the first moderator can log in.

The forwarder also keeps our addresses private. For instance, I send the alert to my phone (sms). I get it lightning fast that way, but I don't want my number in the "To" field of the mailing list.. even if I trust the moderators won't bug me. smile

The reports mailing list won't send to the forwarder for some reason.. I've tried everything I can think of, and no luck.

Is there something in the code that I'm not seeing? I've looked over forum_mail() and email.php.

If it's not possible to send to the forwarder, is there a way to make the mailing list addresses private (bcc)?

Thank you!

Re: Email forward in report mailing list?

Looks like it won't send to a forwarder built off the domain doing the sending, a forwarder for a different domain works.

I'm not a fan of email troubleshooting - so I made a simple mod to BCC reciepients if the string has "Bcc:".

I haven't yet looked at how to build a plugin for PunBB, so it's posted under "PunBB 1.4 additions":

http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … ling-list/