1 (edited by ShNURoK42 2015-03-14 07:21)

Topic: PunBB next?

Hi.
I'am from Russia and I'am sorry for my bad English.
I rewriting the PunBB script, with using Yii2 framework.

I have a simple question for you. Are you interested in migration and further development of the project?
At now not ready public version.
This is only a draft. I need to evaluate your interest in this project. The source will always be free.

I need to know it, to choose between, public support script or only for my site.
These are two completely different ways. And I hope for your understanding.

Thanks.

Re: PunBB next?

Hi, ShNURoK42!
Im new member there and I want to thank you for your job to make this forum script better. It is a wonderful simple forum and I don't understand why people don't want to use it.

The good fork of this forum script is fluxbb.
You may upgrade you punbb script to fluxbb using convector github.com/fluxbb/converter
But now fluxbb going to v.2 and it's use laravel framework github.com/fluxbb/fluxbb/tree/2.0

It's means not simple&fast code in the future.

4 (edited by ShNURoK42 2015-03-13 12:22)

Also, at now, punbb script not fully support PHP 5.5.x, because script use /e modificator in regexp, which depricated.
If you use nginx you may see 502 error page on same forum page.

5 (edited by kudataz 2015-03-19 04:33)

is better to move in fluxbb..?

sorry my BAD english T___T
Have a nice day >.<
(^____^)v

Yes, because fluxbb is more stable. My project is only in plan.

FluxBB will be a part of Flarum - another forum software.

Trace wrote:

FluxBB will be a part of Flarum - another forum software.

how about elkarte sir?

sorry my BAD english T___T
Have a nice day >.<
(^____^)v

ElkArte is a fork of Simple Machine Forum, they have different philosophy than PunBB/FluxBB. If you like it, then use it smile.

I think you should do the project for PunBB Next.

11 (edited by blind 2015-08-19 16:02)

The IPB made as punbb through xml. The principle is the same as for the technical implementation does not know.

I have a question, which I am a complete zero, say, in modern script (joomla, wp, ipb, etc) supports extensions?
Personally I do not like how it is done in punbb, due to the fact that the support becomes hellish when a large amount. File manifesto that without illumination. This is where the idea of java? As far as it is justified?