Re: Fancy Stop SPAM

ollyno1uk wrote:

Hi there

Not sure if this is still being supported but I recently upgraded to 1.4.2 and now I am getting inundated with spam. I tried installing this - no problem. However when I click the antispam in the settings I get that the page cannot be be found. I checked the path and admin.php is present but yet I still ge this 404 error.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot

Olly

+1

It would be good to specify the minimum specs for this plugin and punBB

I could not make either work on
PHP version: 5.3.29
but everything works just fine on
PHP version: 5.4.45

I just thought I should add... Is there a strong reason this should not become part of the puBB vanilla code?

esupergood wrote:

I've recently had to disable auto-registration due to spambots and spammers. I now require newbies to email me asking for an account.

To be honest, I find this is the only surefire way to stop bots. Wont deter the most tenacious spammers though.

I have a problem with that extension, when i try to register as new member on my forum i can not even register and of course i can not post...is there a way to be less radical against supposed "spam" ?

adjust the level of protection extension

Fancy Stop SPAM 1.3.23 It's not working on php 5.5.38 and punbb 1.4.4
Enabling this extension prevents topic's view!

My forum is being literally smothered in spam at the moment, is there any working anit-bot/spam plugin for 1.4.4? Preferably without JS.

Try Pan Moderator.