1 (edited by lucideyesediting 2016-07-08 08:25)

Topic: Need Help Installing Pun_BBCode Extension

Hi guys,

Firstly I just want to say thank you for letting me join this forum. I really appreciate it. I did look for help on this topic but it didn't really answer my question.

I'll admit from the outset, that I am a total noob at this (i.e. anything to do with adding or creating forums or PHP in general) and I'm having difficulty in installing the pun_bbcodes extensions. I'd like to add the BB buttons you see above (i.e. bold, italic etc.) because they're not available in the PunBB forum software that came with my hosting account. I downloaded the extension and using the path that was given to me when I installed the forum on my server, I tried to extract the files to that path but every time I kept getting a 'invalid path name' error, even though I put down the correct path, evening adding '/extensions' onto it. Still, however, it will not allow me to extract the files there. Then I tried adding each file individually through Cpanel by uploading them to the extensions folder but that didn't work either. Can you guys please tell me where I'm going wrong? Are there only certain files I should be adding? There are three folders (css, js, lang) and three separate files: bar.php, index and manifest.xml in the pun_bbcodes folder when unzipped. Which of these files do I add or not?

Any help you can give would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Need Help Installing Pun_BBCode Extension

path
/extensions/pun_bbcode/manifest.xml

extensions folder should be the same as his ID in the manifest.xml file
<id>pun_bbcode</id>

Thank you for the quick reply. I really appreciate it. I tried doing that but the invalid path name came up again. I will keep trying.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my post.

4 (edited by PanBB.Ru 2016-07-08 12:44)

and I'm having difficulty in installing the pun_bbcodes extensions. I'd like to add the BB buttons you see above (i.e. bold, italic etc.) because they're not available in the PunBB forum software that came with my hosting account.

You correctly identify the file?

Not pun_bbcodes, and will properly pun_bbcode.

It is better to download the file to the server , and then decompress it. Otherwise, if you upload the files separately, they are lost .

Thanks for all your help, guys. I successfully managed to upload the folder using Filezilla so it now works fine. Thanks again for all your help. It's much appreciated.

6 (edited by PanBB.Ru 2016-07-08 14:34)

You are welcome. Always happy to help  smile

Thanks PunBB.Ru