Topic: redirect to last post in thread

I think Chacmool already implemented this in his etek-forum but wouldn't it be nice to have it like an intrinsic feature in punBB? Btw, how did you do it Chacmool? smile

(P.S. I didn't find any thread dealing with this, though it seems logical that this topic has been discussed earlier, in that case, feel free to close this thread and link to that thread instead.)

No electrons were harmed in the creation of this post.
However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience.

Re: redirect to last post in thread

I'm not sure what you mean. When would you be redirected to the last post in a topic?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by Razmooze 2004-06-19 22:05)

for instance, when you enter a thread with a lot of posts then you probably don't want to read all of them from the top, but you just want to view the last few posts in the thread. I think that this scenario is more common than the one in which you've entered a thread you've never read before.
What I mean is to set the viewtopic argument to something like this:

http://blablabla.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17&action=last

I guess I should alter something in viewforum.php but I'm not sure about where.. hmm

Edit: ok.. perhaps "redirect" was a bad choice of word in this instance.

When your browsing the board index or one of the forum indeces, there's a link to the last post to the right. I.e:

Today 00:20:20 by kay

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

*blushing* yikes)
...say no more