Re: PunPoll v1.2.3

Thx a bunch!
Hope he can solve it now wink

No electrons were harmed in the creation of this post.
However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience.

Is there any way to make the poll not output images when displaying the results, and instead output text?  I have a few user-created skins, and trying to make images to match them would be a lot harder than it's worth.

78 (edited by Razmooze 2004-06-23 12:22)

Hmmm... maybe it would be possible to make a conversion script that takes a new_<style>.png and creates a corresponding <style>.png poll-image. I think it would be possible with only the available routines supported by php, wouldn't it?
After all, the poll-image is just a one-pixel width slice of the bars, right?

Just a thought...

79 (edited by Razmooze 2004-06-28 00:30)

How does one proceed in order to extend the number of answer alternatives... I would at least like to have 10 answers to choose from.

Another thing.. it seems like the "edit poll info"-box doesn't work. Nothing happens when i check it. Well I get a short glimpse of an error notice: "Fel på sidan" in the browser statusbar.

Sounds like you have a javascript error... the readme instructions might be a bit tricky, take a close look at it :)

ok then roll big_smile

...do ya know how I should do if I want to increase the number of answers then...? How should I alter the database tables?... I figure it is not a matter only to alter the number "8" to "10" in the install-script..., right?...

82 (edited by Razmooze 2004-06-28 21:40)

Another thing:
It seems impossible to remove a poll or reset a poll.... That would be a good thing to be able to do... wouldn't it?
So any ideas to implement this in the next version (or any hints on how to add such a feature?)

There's a delete-link in the top-right corner of the poll :) Maybe it's time to move it though, it's a bit hidden as it is now...

Jahaaa!! *duh* http://www.smyrnakyrkan.se/punbb/upload/img/smilies/blah.png

85 (edited by Razmooze 2004-06-29 13:41)

Funny... as I make a "re-poll" The values doesn't seem to be properly resetted... hmm
(The guys on my forum didn't understand it was a multipoll so I removed the poll and created it anew).

Don't really understand what's wrong... ("re-poll"?)

Are there old results left when you remove it and make a new poll?

87 (edited by Razmooze 2004-06-30 18:56)

yes... exactly ("omröstning").. I delete the poll and create a new one in the same thread. (sorry for the fuzziness).
Even tried to change the question-string, but it didn't help.
The old data doesn't seem to be cleared out from the database.

88 (edited by Todd 2004-07-16 20:36)

If I wanted to left align the poll and poll question.... where would I do that in the code? There are so many files that I made changes too.... I'm don't know where to start in order to make this left aligned.

I think it would look cleaner if it was left aligned like the rest of the forums.... No?

I'm talking about being left aligned after you vote.

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

I found a bug, don't know if it's fixed or I done something wrong with the install. In edit.php, even if the post isn't the topic post, the "Edit poll" checkbox is visible. I fixed it with this code:

line 170

if(($pun_config['o_polls'] || $cur_user['status'] > 0)                // Polls allowed OR user is moderator or admin
            && (!$cookie['is_guest'] || $pun_config['p_guests_poll']) && $is_topicpost){    // AND NOT guest OR Guest allowed to post polls AND is topic post
        $checkboxes .= "\n\t\t\t\t".'<br><input type="checkbox" name="showpoll" onClick="change(this);" tabindex="'.($cur_index++).'"> '.$lang_poll['EditPostPoll'];
    }

Thanks.

Fixed and uploaded new version here. (I'll look at PunRes soon Jansson)

Edit: I've now dumped the old readme-style completely. I'm instead using hdiff to create a file used to follow the steps. It's much easier for me, and I hope it's not to hard for the people installing the mod :)

Im thinking of making some diff->ReadMe style converter. Anyone interested in such tool?

Is it rally necessary? I think the hdiff is easier than the readme-files. On the other hand, what's the problem with the hdiff-files? As we have the "source code" (it's perl), we can change whatever we want :)

Edit: Create a new topic instead, this is not a poll-specific querstion...

Question : what line to change ... only mods and admin can create a poll ? (in the actual case, all people can do it)

Rod wrote:

Question : what line to change ... only mods and admin can create a poll ? (in the actual case, all people can do it)

It's easy, just change the option "Allow polls in topics" in Admin -> Options -> Polls to "No".

Thanx ... the biggest newbie question I have ever asked ! Shame on me smile

I've installed this poll1.2.8 on punbb1.1.5. In Opera everything is OK, but in IE nobody can vote =/
Here is the example.

Do you get an error-message, or does it seem to work but with no votes registered?

No error-messages, just as you see.
In IE there are no radiobuttons - so user can see only results of vote/

Chacmool wrote:

Any suggestions or comments?

Yeah, DONT SHOW PPL THAT HAVENT VOTED! lol, lets say u have like 2k members. that wouyld be annoyting and also display who voted for what wink

*removed by Rickard*
^ 1337 php and mySQL sig
Like annoying people with visual basic? http://www.annoyingvb.com <-- the home for virus/spammers/trojans. ect source code!

As I understand people from one IP can vote only once(not each of them). There is no difference if they are from different computers or not. Am I right ?