Topic: "PunBBig" - PunBB boards stats!

My last project is soon finished! :)

I've been working on a "punbb-big-boards" (like www.big-boards.com, but for PunBB-boards). What I got so far is the list, a per-board info page and some general stats. Click the thumbs for a closer look:

Edit: Open for public now, the url is: punbbig.shacknet.nu

http://www.etek.chalmers.se/~e0mool/punbb/files/PunBBig_top10_thumb.png http://www.etek.chalmers.se/~e0mool/punbb/files/PunBBig_serverinfo_thumb.png

What do you think? Is there anything missing? Somethings wrong/stupid? Is "Growth" a good word for describing "new posts/topics/users per day"? "PunBBig" sounds weird... what should I name it?

Re: "PunBBig" - PunBB boards stats!

Wow! It's looks awesome. I love the graph.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Growth Rate: [        |             |             ] per day

Looking good. Do those guys at etek.chalmers ever do anything else smile

One thing that comes to mind is the ability to submit new sites. You could just do a simple mail form that informs you so you can check it out and approve/discard it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Wow! It's looks awesome. I love the graph.

Yeah, it turned out really great! Took quite some time to do it though, it's a bit tricky building an image from scratch :)

Paul wrote:

Growth Rate: [        |             |             ] per day

Looking good. Do those guys at etek.chalmers ever do anything else :)

Changed :)

Well, studying is less important than programming ;P

Rickard wrote:

One thing that comes to mind is the ability to submit new sites. You could just do a simple mail form that informs you so you can check it out and approve/discard it.

True! Adding it right away.

6 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2004-07-01 02:39)

BigPunn big_smile

looks kewl.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

This site will rank the biggest punbb boards, is that correct?  How about the most active?  Some boards may be just starting out, but may have heaps of active discussions...

Whereas some boards may be huge (perhaps ported over from and old board), but is dead...

Digital photography news, reviews, discussions and more!
http://www.shuttertalk.com

The online bible for all
http://www.publicbible.com

Wow! Really good smile

cuteseal wrote:

This site will rank the biggest punbb boards, is that correct?  How about the most active?  Some boards may be just starting out, but may have heaps of active discussions...

It's a good idea. Chacmool could periodically check the number of users and guests online.

Rickard wrote:
cuteseal wrote:

It's a good idea. Chacmool could periodically check the number of users and guests online.

That sounds like a good idea yes :)

Though, it's gonna need alot of checks to get some reliable info since the onlinelist changes all the time. It would be much easier to have an own stats-info-page which could show info like: "amount of users who visited the forum within a day/week/month" and so on.

Nice job big_smile

How does the updating work?

Jansson wrote:

How does the updating work?

A perl script "opens" the forums and parse the html-code for statistics each night. There are some different ways to do it: parse the index-page, or extern.php. I'm also working on an own stats-file people could use to make it easier for me. This one could also include more info than I can fetch from the original files.

Yes. That last thing was what i was going to suggest :)

Great work btw =)

Perl, what the...? :D

Rickard wrote:

Perl, what the...? :D

YES! It's sooo great :D

...or do you have a better solution?

Releasing it public now! See it as a beta or somerhing; there's probably some more stuff left to do, and much other things that you want me to do :)

I'm still working on my own stats-parser, but it's should be almost done. If you want to, download it from the "Add board" page and tell me you're using it in the forums.

The url is: punbbig.shacknet.nu

Very very cool.

BTW: did you mean "my last project" as in there will never by another one, or did you mean "my latest project".

Paul wrote:

Very very cool.

BTW: did you mean "my last project" as in there will never by another one, or did you mean "my latest project".

Ooops! Latest of course! Does projects never end? :)

It's awesome. I love the stats page especially. Helps me keep track :)

21 (edited by Jansson 2004-07-05 20:42)

Hmm.. I think the colors are a little too light. The tables are difficult to see on my TFT screen.

oh man! big_smile
my board is there smile, ranked 7.. thats awsome man big_smile
i got alittle confused when it said that my board was already there smile

Jansson wrote:

Hmm.. I think the colors are a little too light. The tables are difficult to see on my TFT screen.

Easy solution: Give the monitor to ME! ;)

pen wrote:

oh man! :D
my board is there :), ranked 7.. thats awsome man :D
i got alittle confused when it said that my board was already there :)

You're also number #1 on the "most new posts per day"-list, currently at 560.6 posts :)

Chacmool wrote:
Jansson wrote:

Easy solution: Give the monitor to ME! wink

pen wrote:

oh man! big_smile
my board is there smile, ranked 7.. thats awsome man big_smile
i got alittle confused when it said that my board was already there smile

You're also number #1 on the "most new posts per day"-list, currently at 560.6 posts smile

oh.. awsome big_smile
my stupid spammy members tongue

25 (edited by Cornflake 2004-07-08 03:05)

I dunno if anybody else has this problem, but on my comp the text at the bottom of the page is all scrunched up. http://www.nxor.org:8001/res/images/messed.png

Otherwise cool!

I like soup.