Topic: Link usernames

Hi there,

I'd just like to say I love PunBB, discovered it today and it's just perfect.

What I would like to see is in places like the "Last post" column of the forum index and thread list is the usernames link to their profiles. It's nothing too important but it would be nice none the less. smile

Thanks
Keep up the good work.

Re: Link usernames

I'm glad you like it :)

It has been requested before, but I've chosen not to implement it because I don't see the point. Why would you ever want to view the profile of someone whose name you see out in the forum index? It's a feature pretty much every forum software has, but no one really ever uses.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yes! I too thought of the same before, but now i am used to it. so its no more an important feature I feel...

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

4 (edited by Falconey 2004-07-13 08:34)

Why not just remove the last post username. Clicking the date will get you to the post anyway. smile

Falconey: Because who made the last post can sometimes be of interest when browsing the forums.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Exactly!.. its also bit easy to know whether the post is replied or not after our posts...

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily