Re: Private Message System

aha, sorry I just missed the following code...

$result = $db->query('SELECT status,owner FROM '.$db->prefix.'messages WHERE id='.$id) or error('Unable to get message status', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
    list($status, $owner) = $db->fetch_row($result);

I just assume the same code as usual.

sorry again.:)

is there a way to have a link in the users profile to send a pm? or a link in the inbox page?

under Opera when i click on message it takes me to main page.

Error is in message list
for example when i under IE click on message for example http://mysite.com/message_list.php?id=3 … &box=0 it takes me to message

under Opera when i on message list click on message opera is making link like http://mysite.com/?id=3&p=&box=0 without message_list.php in address.

Is it possible to check and update bug? version 1.0.7

Krapan wrote:

under Opera when i click on message it takes me to main page.

Error is in message list
for example when i under IE click on message for example http://mysite.com/message_list.php?id=3 … &box=0 it takes me to message

under Opera when i on message list click on message opera is making link like http://mysite.com/?id=3&p=&box=0 without message_list.php in address.

Is it possible to check and update bug? version 1.0.7

I'm running Opera too, so I shouldn't have missed it... I'll look at it soon.

It should work fine, don't know why you're having any problems.

Though, you could try to change this line in message_list.php:

$subject = '<a href="?id='.$cur_mess['id'].'&p='.$_GET['p'].'&box='.(int)$_GET['box'].'">'.$cur_mess['subject'].'</a>';

Into this:

$subject = '<a href="message_list.php?id='.$cur_mess['id'].'&p='.$_GET['p'].'&box='.(int)$_GET['box'].'">'.$cur_mess['subject'].'</a>';

I found a little bug while sending a message to someone.

In the Subject message box anything inside < : > will be removed from the subject title when submitted.

Example: If I enter "<Test> Message" as the subject line, the person recieving the message will recieve " Message".

So it's possible to remove the subject line from sent messages.

Krilik wrote:

I found a little bug while sending a message to someone.

In the Subject message box anything inside < : > will be removed from the subject title when submitted.

Example: If I enter "<Test> Message" as the subject line, the person recieving the message will recieve " Message".

So it's possible to remove the subject line from sent messages.

True. I'll fix
it right away, thanks!

Fix:

Find in message_list.php (line ~285):

$subject = '<a href="message_list.php?id='.$cur_mess['id'].'&p='.$_GET['p'].'&box='.(int)$_GET['box'].'">'.$cur_mess['subject'].'</a>';

Replace with:

$subject = '<a href="message_list.php?id='.$cur_mess['id'].'&p='.$_GET['p'].'&box='.(int)$_GET['box'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_mess['subject']).'</a>';

Trying again to install this mod... running install_mod, I get:

Unable to insert into table config. Please check your configuration and try again. Go back.

What did I do wrong?

wataresistant wrote:

Trying again to install this mod... running install_mod, I get:

Unable to insert into table config. Please check your configuration and try again. Go back.

What did I do wrong?

Have you tried install it before? There might be info left in the database then. You could try continue the install (edit all the files) and see if it works (the config is easy to change afterwords if that's the only problem).

Chacmool wrote:

Have you tried install it before? There might be info left in the database then. You could try continue the install (edit all the files) and see if it works (the config is easy to change afterwords if that's the only problem).

Ok, I continued, and now when I go to my board, I get this error message:

Error: Unable to check for new messages.

What's the error-message if you enable debug-mode?

137 (edited by wataresistant 2004-07-05 23:05)

I'm sorry, how do I do that?

Edit: Also, no problems if you aren't logged in...

wataresistant wrote:

I'm sorry, how do I do that?

Follow the instructions in ./include/common.php. There's instructions there how to do it.

139 (edited by wataresistant 2004-07-05 23:08)

Edit: Nevermind... I ran install_mod again and it finnally worked. Thanks for your help. ^_^

No, I got errors again, but I tested it out and it worked.

wataresistant wrote:

Edit: Nevermind... I ran install_mod again and it finnally worked. Thanks for your help. ^_^

Great! I suspected that it should solve it :)

Im getting an error in profile.php, it skips any theme settings and adds this to the end on the page:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in /homepages/5/d94930464/htdocs/forums/include/pms/profile_quicksend.php on line 24

Right now i have just removed the quicksend include in profile.php, but does anyone know what causes this problem?

I was wondering if this sytem is compatible with 1.1.5 or if I should wait for a new release that is compatible.  Thanks for your work!

Nevermind, I just forced the install to allow 1.1.5 and it worked just dandy.  The only issue is that there should be a way to PM a user when looking at their profile.  Just a suggestion.  Also, I sent a PM and it did not get saved into the "SENT".  Not sure if there is something i need to fix, or if this is a known problem.  Once again, thanks for all your work on this.

Chacmool,

can u confirme it for 1.1.5 ?

thx

wildleaf, I was thinking the same thing - but I found out that "sent" actually means saved sent messages.  i.e. if you checkbox "save message" when you send it, then it'll appear there.  otherwise it won't.

Digital photography news, reviews, discussions and more!
http://www.shuttertalk.com

The online bible for all
http://www.publicbible.com

I haven't looked at it, but I can almost guarantee it will work with 1.1.5 as well. The only thing that comes to mind is that the line numbers in the readme might be wrong if the mod does anything to header.php.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Requests of the users of my punBB :
- Have a link in top pour go directly in PM without waiting for a new PM
- in message_list.php, have a button "new PM" ...

Rod wrote:

- in message_list.php, have a button "new PM" ...

YES especially NEW PM

Rod wrote:

Requests of the users of my punBB :
- Have a link in top pour go directly in PM without waiting for a new PM

There is a link to go directly, non ???

for NEW MP try that:

Modify message_send.php

DELETE lines 159-160
if (isset($_GET['id']))
{

DELETE lines 190-191-192
}
else
message($lang_common['Bad request']);

REPLACE
if (empty($id))

BY THAT
if (!empty($id)){
     $result = $db->query('SELECT username FROM '.$db->prefix.'users WHERE id='.$id) or error('Unable to fetch message info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
     if (!$db->num_rows($result))
     list($username) = $db->fetch_row($result);
}

modify message_list.php

MODIFY line 52
add your button NEW PM
with href "message_send.php"