Topic: Punbb++ database to punbb database

When punbb1.2 is released, I think I'll use just that version and then add three mods (poll system, im system and online list) manually. Will this give any problems with the database? What will happen with the polls and instant message the moment that I haven't installed these mods again, because maybe I will install these mods later when I allready use 1.2 for a few weeks. So the polls and im from the period before 1.2 will then just again be shown up and all?
I think so, but I want to be sure. smile

Re: Punbb++ database to punbb database

I don't know what database changes are done in PunBB++, but I don't think it should be a problem.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by Julius 2004-07-18 17:54)

Yeah I think that too, but maybe there is somebody who can give a 100pct?
Because I don't want to get all errors and stuff when someone is viewing a topic with a poll but the poll system isn't installed (yet).

Nobody?

Well.. I don't think there is going to be any database related problems. There may be some problems with the mod not working with 1.2.

6 (edited by Julius 2004-07-19 11:45)

Thanx!
I just tried it with pun1.1.5 and it works perfect! The polls and IM just disappear and there are no errors at all. Off course I first dumped the whole mysql database for backup.

Edit: I do got some errors with the base url. But that doesn't really matter, it's only now because I run two forums on one database. Now I know that there are no problems with punbb++ vs punbb database I again use just one forum on one database. smile

Now waiting for 1.2! big_smile

Yeah.. The only difference between PunBB db and PunBB++ is that ++ have some extra columns.

Hi, I'm new smile

Fed up with phpBB ... I "try" to test punBB : mmmmmm very fast !! smile and very intuitive ... and most options are really cool ...

I have tested to mod the forum with PunPoll-v1.2.7 but I have this

You are running a version of PunBB that this mod does not support. This mod supports PunBB versions: 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4

I have installed PunBB 1.1.5 ... @ http://www.sortons.net/forum_new

(and I try after to convert phpBB > PunBB ...)

edit the install_mod.php file, there should be an array of the versions you allready pointed out.

Add 1.1.5 to the array, it should work fine i think. (make a backup just to be sure though)

Ok it works fine !!! smile

It would be cool to create an punBB EasyMod like phpBB smile

EasyMod?

Yes ... it's an add on for phpBB which permits to recognize standards mods and to install them in few seconds !

13 (edited by Julius 2004-08-10 11:18)

In the 1.1.5 impressions I allso asked this, but that was when I ran punbb++. Now I run 1.1.5 and I still get the same error:
When I run the script 11_to_115_update.php I got the following error:

An error was encountered

File: /home/httpd/vhosts/coloseum.nl/subdomains/forum/httpdocs/11_to_115_update.php
Line: 66
PunBB reported: Version mismatch. This script updates version 1.1 and 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 to version 1.1.5. The database 'punbb' doesn't seem to be running a supported version

So doesn't that mean that there do are some changes in the database from PunBB++?

You have to add "Alpha 1" into the version array in 11_to_115_update.php

Thanks Jansson, that was it, but it wasn't Alpha 1 but Alpha 2, for me. smile