Topic: extern style

Hi,

just a small question asked by a newbie

I want to modify the style of extern. I mean that I want to apply a class contained in my page with puting class=link9 for example.
Where do I have to put this?

Thanksfully,

Ludo

Re: extern style

anybody to help me? It's strange, I used to obtain answer when I posted there. Moreover, I do not think it's a hard question, but too hard for me...

waiting for your reply,

thanksfully,

Ludo

What I would do is call extern.php from your site and then view the html source to see what it's wrapped up in. When I tried it last the most recent topics was just an unordered list, don't remember what the class name was.

Ludo wrote:

I want to modify the style of extern. I mean that I want to apply a class contained in my page with puting class=link9 for example.

Have a look at extern.php. It's not that difficult if you just put your mind to it :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

5 (edited by Ludo 2004-08-11 17:21)

Rickard wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Have a look at extern.php. It's not that difficult if you just put your mind to it smile

I've had a deep look at extern.php and it's php langage, hard for me.
In my page, I have this to define style:

<STYLE type="text/css">
.link9    {font-family:arial,geneva; font-size:13px;letter-spacing:0;color:#FFCC00;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none}
:hover.link9     {font-family:arial,geneva; font-size:13px;letter-spacing:0;color:#FFFFFF;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none}
</STYLE>

Then I put that:

<div class=link9>
<?php
include('http://www.oyre.net/forum/extern.php?action=new&show=5');
?>
</div>

It doesn't really works because just the arial is applied. The color not. Idem for the hover which is not applied at all. Any idea?

second question: I've seen that there is a dot before the sentences. How to del it?

Thanksfully,

Ludo

The html output code can be found on line 251 of the extern.php code. Style from there?

Do, or do not.

7 (edited by Ludo 2004-08-11 20:46)

No, I don"t use this style.
I use the style included in my page.
Moreover, I don't know how to modify style in extern.php

I need more help

Any idea?

Ludo

The class link 9 appears to be set on the containing div not the link itself. In that case I would have thought
.link9 A:link, .link9 A:visited {font-family:arial,geneva; font-size:13px;letter-spacing:0;color:#FFCC00;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none}
followed by
.link9 A:hover {font-family:arial,geneva; font-size:13px;letter-spacing:0;color:#FFFFFF;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none}
would have been what was required. The way you have it you would need <a class="link9" ...>

As for the dot, open extern php and look for · When you find it get rid of it or replace it with

Does it mean that I have to put this like that?

<?php
include('http://www.oyre.net/forum/extern.php?action=new&show=5') <a class="link9">;
?>

No it means you have to change you style declaration so it reads

<STYLE type="text/css">
.link9 A:link, .link9 A:visited {font-family:arial,geneva; font-size:13px;letter-spacing:0;color:#FFCC00;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none}
.link9 A:hover {font-family:arial,geneva; font-size:13px;letter-spacing:0;color:#FFFFFF;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none}
</STYLE>

Actually, since the only change on hover is the color then you could just use
.link9 A:hover {color: #FFFFFF} for the color change.

11 (edited by Ludo 2004-08-11 21:37)

Thanks for the reply.

It works, but only superficially. It also had an unexpected effect on other links. I use link9 for many links on my page.

After having done your modification, the style is applied only on extern but it's not applied to other links like before. What happened?

See at http://www.oyre.net/test.php

Thanks,

Ludo

OK.  Try this

<STYLE type="text/css">
.link 9, .link9 A:link, .link9 A:visited {font-family:arial,geneva; font-size:13px;letter-spacing:0;color:#FFCC00;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none}
:hover.link9, .link9 A:hover {font-family:arial,geneva; font-size:13px;letter-spacing:0;color:#FFFFFF;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none}
</STYLE>

Even better, try this

<STYLE type="text/css">
.link 9, .link9 A:link, .link9 A:visited {font-family:arial,geneva; font-size:13px;letter-spacing:0;color:#FFCC00;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none}
:hover.link9, .link9 A:hover {color:#FFFFFF;}
</STYLE>

Don't worry. If that doesn't work there are some other ways to get it all working which won't conflict with your existing design.

13 (edited by Ludo 2004-08-11 22:09)

with this, only the hover works but not the caracter in yellow.
The first solution is the one which works better. The second solution does not apply arial caracter.
See at http://www.oyre.net/test.php for first solution
See at http://www.oyre.net/test2.php for second solution

Another solution?

Ludo

There is a typo. I typed link 9 instead of link9. Can you see it. Does that fix it.

absolutely alright.

How can I thank you?

Thanksfully,

Ludo

16 (edited by loque 2005-09-04 14:24)

insert echo your styles before echo line

echo '<style type="text/css">
<!--your styles -->
</style>'."\r\n";