Re: PunPostPreview

Yassilus wrote:

Would somebody, please, help me with the last step in the installation, because I won't make it myself...

Sure. I've uploaded my "work-copy" of the file, it should work fine.

Download it here.

Chacmool wrote:
Yassilus wrote:

Would somebody, please, help me with the last step in the installation, because I won't make it myself...

Sure. I've uploaded my "work-copy" of the file, it should work fine.

Download it here.

Thanks, I think I can make it work now. I'll ask again otherwise. wink

Okay, now I feel really useless. smile

I now it's hard to help with just a short description like mine, and I know my english isn't the best.

I think you allready guessed that I didn't make it work. wink

Step by step, this is what I've done:
1. Downloaded and unzipped the PunPostPreview_v1.1.2.zip
2. Uploaded the preview_post.php to ./include/preview/
3. Edited the en_common.php (and the se_common.php, but that doesn't matter because I use english as language until I see that it's working correctly) with just pasting the line
"'Preview'                =>    'Preview',    // "name" of preview buttons" under "// Miscellaneous (used in many scripts)" (right after the "submit-line", and uploaded the en_common.php to its folder again.
4. Uploaded the post.php you gave me.

Is there something I've done wrong or is this just another case of "typical programming"? smile

Well, it seems right. Do you get an error message?

Nope, the "Preview"-button just doesn't appear.

31 (edited by lololesoulot 2004-08-13 12:22)

hello

I follow the same steps than Yassilus and I have  the same problem. no "preview" button appear

your file "post.php" seems to be for the the 1.1.4 version not for the 1.1.5 : is there another change to do in the post.php to the new version ?

Sorry for my english I'm french. I hope you understand my question ?

I'll look at it sometime today. Seems to be something wrong yes...

lololesoulot wrote:

your file "post.php" seems to be for the the 1.1.4 version not for the 1.1.5 : is there another change to do in the post.php to the new version ?

No, that should be no problem.

I can't find any errors, don't know what might be wrong. You could mail me your post.php and I'll look at it.

Finally I restart with the punpost.html  and all seems good, I have the button

Thanks very much to the help smile

lololesoulot wrote:

Finally I restart with the punpost.html  and all seems good, I have the button

Thanks very much to the help :)

Ahh, great! Problem magically solved :D

36 (edited by cherry1499 2004-08-22 11:30)

Me again,  smile
i install this Mod, but it doesnt work.

When i click at the preview button, the script save the topic. At the button of my IE Window he show me an error: at Line 479 - 'document.forms.0.buttontype' is not Null or non Object.

I dont know ....

Greetings
Michaela

Nobody a solution?

Nichaela

38 (edited by darkside 2004-11-29 17:29)

hey Chacmool,
Thx for the nice mod... very usefull!

i have one remark: the download package contains two versions of your mod, i had a hard time figuring out which one i needed. first install failed sad

but after i found out which one is the right version and installed it, i got a new problem with my costum smilies. i added a few extra smilies which are visible next to the field you put your reply tekst in (post_smile.php). when you click them they normally will be inserted in your concept post... but after the install of this mod they are not clickable anymore (you get the yellow exclamation mark in the lowerleft corner of IE) and none of the smilies do appear in your post... (NB: they still do work in the "quick post" however)
do you understand this and do you know a solution?
thx in advance
greetz dark