Re: GMail

Gary13579 wrote:

you only get 6 invites? what stops you from inviting yourself to get another 6 invites????

Nothing, but those new accounts take awhile to get invites :)

ahh... so they have no prtection? no ip tracker (could be easyily passed with a proxy)?

i thought gmail would have a bit mroe security for that stuff....

i would have used my 6 invites on myself then give people accounts

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

i don't think you always get 6 i know some people who only got 2 but maybe they are just trusting of their users or maybe they don't care if people invite themselves

Gary13579 wrote:

ahh... so they have no prtection? no ip tracker (could be easyily passed with a proxy)?

What would they do, close cyber cafe's?

The idea of web mail is to be able to check it from anywhere on anything.

I got about 15 invites (all gone) in about one week.

I dont really think google worries too much about people using more than one or two invites for themselves, who'd need more than one or two accounts anyway.
Since its quite a hassle keeping up with that much accounts i wouldn't even try it.

Just another question though:
Has anyone of you gotten any spam on your gmail accounts? If so, did it get filtered?

I havent gotten any since april/may, so i wouldn't know about spam and such.

in the screenshots theres a spam folder dunno what thats about

hcgtv wrote:
Gary13579 wrote:

What would they do, close cyber cafe's?

i keep forgeting bout those things.......

Indocron

Nothing I guess. I'm just not that interested :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Hey Rickard...

I'm curious as to what your signature means?

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

It's from one of "Eric Fensler's "G.I. Joes":

http://www.fenslerfilm.com/?sec=video

They appear to be offline now, but google and I'm sure you'll find some. I laugh so hard every time I watch them :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

86 (edited by Gary13579 2004-08-30 23:24)

YAY!!! I was in the right IRC room at the right time and I got a gmail invite big_smile

Gary
@gmail
.com

(let them get that wink )
big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

Indocron

Yay! Now start posting it in clear text in message boards everywhere so that harvesters can pick it up ASAP! :D

opps..... fixed now. i always forget to do that

Indocron

They probably harvest them from the html-code too, so we're screwed anyway :(

Chacmool wrote:

What HTML code?

Rickard wrote:
Chacmool wrote:

What HTML code?

The source... "mailto:" isn't that hard to fetch either I suppose.

But that is only visible for those people who have selected to have their e-mail address publicly visible. The reason you see it everywhere is because you're a moderator :)

Rickard wrote:

But that is only visible for those people who have selected to have their e-mail address publicly visible. The reason you see it everywhere is because you're a moderator :)

True :)

...and I'm the biggest harvester of them all :D *muhaha*

Chacmool wrote:

I look at it this way, it's up to Google to filter my spam. So on my sites, the footer contains a mailto: with the approriate gmail address.

Let's test out their filters :)

ok i got gmail and 6 invites which i'm giving away to anyone who wants them so if you want one tell me lol

I WANT ONE!!

oh wait, i already have one... d*mn.....

Indocron

aww unlucky

http://kevinrose.typepad.com/

Gmail 500...You better get one.

Do, or do not.

so im not the only one that watches the screen savers? YAY!! im not that big of a geek big_smile

Indocron

Yea, but I might stop watching when the new Season Starts up, G4 Really screwed up techtv.

Do, or do not.