Topic: Sub Forums

Well i was woundering if any one has made a code for sub forums or not. It would be a great code to have because you could seperate the forum areas more then regular.

Re: Sub Forums

No, there's no mod for it, and no, I'm quite sure Rickard won't implement in in 1.2v either.

ahh why  not. its a great tool to have

Lots of things would be great tools to have for a few people but if they were all added PunBB would end up as a vBulletin or IPB clone. For my money the greatest tool is the pleasure of being able to click back and before between pages without having time to write a short novel while I'm waiting for them to load.

why would you want subforums? you have categories and forums to me thats easily enough

Lothia: You can also read "Why PunBB?" on the about-page.

Well... Really... There is some tools that are actually always asked, even on free boards. You will be surpsrised how many people actaully want it... One of the common things are the PM system, Sub-forums, and creating premission mask... Anyway... could anyone make a sub-forum mod please.... smile

~Beware of the Darkness Within~

8 (edited by Lothia 2004-09-05 09:09)

ahh making me read Chacmool :-p
lol zypher those are i believe being put in on 1.2 version
EDIT: oo i c Chacmool. I understand why they don't

9 (edited by cuteseal 2004-09-05 11:20)

Hey Lothia,

I asked the same question too a little while ago, but no one seemed too interested so I made my own mod. See it in action at http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/

Basically I set it on a per category basis -- and modified index.php to change the layout for those categories, so that the forums contained within look like sub forums.

Let me know if you're interested -- I could post some code...

Jules

Digital photography news, reviews, discussions and more!
http://www.shuttertalk.com

The online bible for all
http://www.publicbible.com

thats tight. I would love the code, I will give it to the main admin (he won't let any of the other admins get theFTP or what ever)

Wow! Very cool! Perhaps you can release it here?

~Beware of the Darkness Within~

12 (edited by macdog 2005-04-02 18:09)

ok, I need this function for my site, but cannot find any tips here,

so I made myself , I'm a php beginner, so I use the stupid method for this.

this is my steps (and sorry for my poor English) :

1. backup first, and open index.php

2. find

<div id="idx<?php echo $cat_count ?>" class="blocktable">

and after

<div style=\"clear: both;\"> </div>

3. find

<tr<?php if ($item_status != '') echo ' class="'.$item_status.'"'; ?>>

and use if else function here, just like :

if ($cur_forum['cid'] == '5')
        {
 echo "<div style=\"float: left; line-height: 180%; width: 25%;\"> ".$forum_field_simple."(".$num_topics.")</div>" ;
    }
    else
    {

the
$ cur_forum ['cid'] == '5')

5 is what you want sub forms Categories ....

sorry for my poor English again, if somebody want see the demo, please check mysite:

OIKOS

smile