1 (edited by Myran 2004-09-18 01:25)

Topic: Multi quote

Okay, so I added a multiquote feature to PunBB
(example: http://www.dr-code.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=202 )

Should I release it as a mod? Is there any interest in this, and if I do release it as a mod, how should I do that? How do i make those diff files, should I just take any diff program and generate one, or should i use the one everyone else seems to be using?

Edit-
Oh, thats just great..  FireFox didnt like forms placed like that..  shit.

Edit 2-
Even greater, when i replace the files and put them like they were before i still get the same problem, so now i dont know if its something wrong with the multiquote or if its something i did before..

Re: Multi quote

i like your layout and style there. sorry i can't help with your mod tho.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

I too like what you've done. The whole site is done with pun, am I right?

4 (edited by Myran 2004-09-18 13:51)

Thanks, yeah, the whole thing is pun.

Edit-
Err.. the problem was not in my code..  i just hadnt turned on posting for guests and when in firefox i hadnt logged in..
Great, 1 1/2 hour wasted tongue

Oh, well, is there any interest at all in this mod?

i would never use it as the only time i want to do that the second post has quoted the first... but i'm only one person wink

I would definately use it. You're not the first to make this mod, but the dude who made it earlier didn't update it for 1.1 so I would be glad if you put this thing up as a mod. smile

Fredrik wrote:

I would definately use it. You're not the first to make this mod, but the dude who made it earlier didn't update it for 1.1 so I would be glad if you put this thing up as a mod. smile

Okay, I guess ill release it then. Really? I didnt find anything when i searched, i would have prefered to just download his and maybe change it a bit then to make it from scratch..  didnt really matter that much now since its a so small mod, but still.
I think my forum is mainly 1.1.1 so maybe 1.1.5 has some changes, maybe i need to install it :\

Very nice mod, great idea too.

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2351

How's it going with this mod of yours? I want it! wink

Pretty bad..  I cannot believe there is only a single diff program that can output decent HTML differance files, and that one is only written in pearl...
How the hell can all the diff-programs just skip adding decent html output? I am not going to write one myself just for this.

Myran: That would be great. hdiff is hardly an ideal solution.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

13 (edited by Myran 2004-09-22 14:59)

Heres the mod:
post.php viewtopic.php
Is that okay, or do I need to write something?
Also, it would be great to hear if it actually works..  im not sure i uncluded everything in the diff (i removed other changes i have made, so i might have removed too much)

Rickard: I found one, its really damn good too:
http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp3.htm
It seems you can buy it though, but i dunno if any features are locked with the unregistered version...  maybe its 30 days only or something like that.

Myran: But how does the HTML output look?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Myran: But how does the HTML output look?

Like the two links in my post smile
It can be customized though..

Aha, but that looks absolutely horrible. The markup is even worse than hdiffs.

i think the likes posted are the html output from it (i don't like it much btw)

Hm, well..  i cannot argue with that, hehe..
I'll take a look on the customization things and see if its possible to make it look better. The program itself looks great so its strange the output looks so bad.

sorry to double post but i found this http://www.arstdesign.com/articles/difftool.html only does html output but looks very nice, especially in IE and alright in FF

Connorhd wrote:

sorry to double post but i found this http://www.arstdesign.com/articles/difftool.html only does html output but looks very nice, especially in IE and alright in FF

Pretty nice, the formating is nice, but the diff engine is kinda bad, if you have a long text and change something in the beginning and end it thinks the whole thing is edited, not just parts..

Same files, but the other program generated them:
post.php viewtopic.php

The output has to be 100% compatible with GNU diff (the industry standard). That's the good thing about hdiff (it calls diff and reformats the output).

Rickard wrote:

The output has to be 100% compatible with GNU diff (the industry standard). That's the good thing about hdiff (it calls diff and reformats the output).

The html output or is it some other file? That program i used first has a bunch of different formats on the output..

I don'r understand what you mean.

Hm, okay..
The GNU diff, what is that?

GNU diff is the industry standard for comparing files. It's a command line tool for *nix (there probably are windows ports though). It's what I used to output this:

http://punbb.org/download/patch/

The cool thing is that you can then use the program "patch" to automatically apply the changes.