Topic: Alternative for $_REQUEST

Here we are using a old verion of PHP, in this we dont have this command $_REQUEST (Predefined Variable), is there any work around available for it. Let me know

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

Re: Alternative for $_REQUEST

Mixed of
$HTTP_GET_VARS
$HTTP_POST_VARS
$HTTP_COOKIE_VARS

search for "extract" and "import_request_variables"

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

no command like "import_request_variables" in this version.. sad

extract is there, let me check with that.. but can you explain the exact use of $_REQUEST. is it simply addition of all the 3 as you said

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

Yes. $_REQUEST contains the combined values of $_GET, $_POST and $_COOKIE. It's nice to have when you don't know when a value will be submitted over GET or POST. That is however, the only use I have found for it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

To be frank, i have downloaded a script from net, they have used php4.x, my server i having old php. so i need to back-track it to php3 from php4, though it not advisable. i am trying my best. everything i fine in that, but i got struck with $_REQUEST. Since its a combination of all, i can write a function to merge all the array an make it as single instead $_REQUEST.

Thanks alot. Anyother suggestion - Welcome!..