Re: User Groups System

Rickard wrote:

It should work with 1.1.5 without any problems. In order to install it, you will have to open up mod_install.php and add 1.1.5 to the end of the line

$punbb_versions    = array('1.1', '1.1.1', '1.1.2', '1.1.3', '1.1.4');

Other than that, it shouldn't be a problem. No files were moved or renamed in 1.1.5. common_admin.php is located in the directory include.

I'm not hot on this MOD thing, why not make a version with all the mods already installed, this way stupid newbies don't mess-up your pretty nice forum program.

Really I want these mods it's really cool, but I have no skill.

the instructions aren't to hard to follow and there is a punbb++ thing in development which includes alot of mods

++ better than 1.2?

its not like that ++ is a version of punbb with addons i guess ++ will make a 1.2 version when it comes out

now I see what you mean.

Connorhd wrote:

the instructions aren't to hard to follow and there is a punbb++ thing in development which includes alot of mods

We have a winner!!!!

huh? you make 2 posts about the same thing but different? :S

i have one error with this mod when I try to make a new post..

"Unable to fetch group info."

and seen no solution please they do not help me.

El Mejor Lugar de la Red - Corporación Azakur4

Hmm
Enable debugging on your forum and paste what it says?

reason why I see I am not first with this problem, in previous messages already have written the same

El Mejor Lugar de la Red - Corporación Azakur4

And I tried installing it on 1.1.5 and found the code (and readme)hopelessly outdated tongue
But enable debugging and paste it so we can see what the full error is

62 (edited by Lothia 2004-09-26 22:46)

med how did u make it so chal had 0 posts in post total? did u just deleate his post count?

PS: of you give some one more then one grp.. what grp will they be under? is it just the highst one up?

63 (edited by Dehman 2004-09-27 11:36)

After I install this mod I can't add any forum's. I get this when I am trying

Position must be a positive integer value.

What should I do to fix it?

Hi, I'm pretty new to PunBB but I'm already getting comfortable with it. So I decided it would be cool to install the Groups Mod.

Now, I'm getting this error (like some did before me, in this topic) when trying to post new topics:

"An error was encountered
File: /home/httpd/vhosts/austinv.net/httpdocs/include/functions.php
Line: 29

PunBB reported: Unable to fetch group info
Database reported: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1 (Errno: 1064)"

Pretty annoying since a forum isn't of much use if you can't put any topics inside of it tongue. Hope someone's willing to sort this issue out once and for all.

OK, think I figured it out.
Check your forum database and see if the forum you're posting in has a group set? If not, set it to 0 and try

Smartys wrote:

OK, think I figured it out.
Check your forum database and see if the forum you're posting in has a group set? If not, set it to 0 and try

First of all, thank you for trying to help me out. This is what I've tried so far:

- manually adjusting the "group"-value for a specific subforum in the database and

- assigning a specified group to another subforum through PunBB it self

- after having tried this, I've manually rset the database values to 0, like you suggested

(Just to make sure: I've created two different groups by using admin-> groups -> add)

No luck, the same error still occurs. Maybe it has something to do with the whole forum not being publicly accessible? It's meant as a "shadow-site", where moderators of other sites can chat about things happening on their own forums. Therefore, people can't view any of the subforums unless they were invited.

Then again, there were other people experiencing the exact same problem. Can't imagine all of them running private-only forums.

67 (edited by Smartys 2004-09-28 22:55)

I really dunno tongue
Try adding $cur_forum to the global? Since that's where it should pull the id from.

Just a random guess here (I really should install it in my forum)

Smartys wrote:

I really dunno tongue
Try adding $cur_forum to the global? Since that's where it should pull the id from.

Just a random guess here (I really should install it in my forum)

Nope, doesn't work either sad

This the dreaded instruction (found in functions.php) that supposedly messes things up:

$result = $db->query('SELECT members FROM '.$db->prefix.'groups WHERE id='.$group) or error('Unable to fetch group info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

Am I overlooking something?

Nope, that is indeed the SQL wink

I'll install it in my forums tonight or tomorrow

Ok, installed
I tried to re-create it and couldn't
Someone tell me a couple things:
the poster's status
the group (if any) the forum is in
the group (if any) the user is part of
any other info you think might be important

btw: another bug is that if someone's nick is changed, their group status isn't updated.

Smartys wrote:

Ok, installed
I tried to re-create it and couldn't
Someone tell me a couple things:
the poster's status

Poster's status: head-admin.

the group (if any) the forum is in

it's a group called "head-admins only", a gathering of some forum's head-admins who get a special status on our forum

the group (if any) the user is part of

I've set this to "none", "head-admins only", "subforum mods only" (another group I've created) and both.

any other info you think might be important

btw: another bug is that if someone's nick is changed, their group status isn't updated.

I'm sorry, I'm running all out of ideas by now neutral But thanks for willing to help me... I really need to get these forums up and running again.

72 (edited by Smartys 2004-09-30 00:23)

Still can't replicate it wink

Do you get it while posting a new thread, or making a new post?

ooh, another bug: for some reason when I set the group rights, if I check the highest IDed group, the name of it becomes my title tongue

Smartys wrote:

Still can't replicate it wink

Do you get it while posting a new thread, or making a new post?

Only while trying to post a new topic. Posting inside of an existing topic causes no pain whatsoever.

*bump*. Sorry, still can't get this plug-in to work the way it's supposed to. Anyone who's got tips or remarks, please enlighten me. The only option for me is removing the Groups functionality for now, i guess. sad

the_Omniscient wrote:

*bump*. Sorry, still can't get this plug-in to work the way it's supposed to. Anyone who's got tips or remarks, please enlighten me. The only option for me is removing the Groups functionality for now, i guess. sad

my tip would be to wait for punbb 1.2 and just disable the user groups for now.. since 1.2  is going to have an built in user group system