Re: User Groups System

as always in mod bughunting ...

Make sure you have installed the mod correctly!

the more steps, the larger the possibility that one step has been skipped, or that it haven't been done in the correct way.

(I searched a bug in the attachment mod for a while, until it was discovered that a line hadn't been replaced... it's very easy to forget one step (and perhaps have serached it, but forget to paste something) ... so this is why I recommend taking a look once more that everything is in place)

Hey guys,

Ok, if any of you want to dodge this "can't post new topic" error, go to line 413 in post.php and comment out the last OR-statement, like this:

if (($admmod_only == '1' && $cur_user['status'] < PUN_MOD) || ($forum_closed == '1' && $cur_user['status'] < PUN_ADMIN && !array_key_exists($cur_user['username'], $mods_array)))

/* || ($group != '0' && !is_groupmember($cur_user['username'],$group) && $cur_user['status'] < PUN_ADMIN && !array_key_exists($cur_user['username'], $mods_array)))*/

At least your users can post new topics while you're busy going through all those lines of code again.

Anyway, I've got a new issue with this mod. I've created about 40 groups (ridiculous, but necessary) but forums will only allow group-id's of 0 to 6. Anyone know what I could do to fix this?

I've already checked the database, it displays the correct group id values for each forum. I've also tried to adjust the structure of groups & forums, changing the group id into int(100), but it won't budge. Arghr. Any help is much appreciated.

0-6? so only 6 groups? thats pretty dumb..

id just wait for 1.2, which will include gruops, probally alot better then this

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Need help, after I install the mods when go back to my forum I  got this error. Anybody have any suggestions???

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Library/WebServer/Documents/discussionBoard/include/functions.php:800) in /Library/WebServer/Documents/discussionBoard/include/functions.php on line 85

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Library/WebServer/Documents/discussionBoard/include/functions.php:800) in /Library/WebServer/Documents/discussionBoard/header.php on line 28

when integrated with punbb++, having it function as the 'moderator only' forum would be awesome.  basically, the private group would only show up for those that have permission to post there.  keep up the great work on this stuff! big_smile

Who have the last v. of this mod??? Plz give me the url ... for download ...

[sorry for ENG]

I would suggest just waiting until 1.2: this mod really doesn't work well tongue

sad :< does anyone know if there will ever be a PunBB++ version after version 1.2 of PunBB is done?

Or is it possible someone will set up a version of PunBB to include all of the extra featuress in PunBB++ ??

Pleaseee? :3

I'd like to get this mod but when I go to download it gives me a 404 error page.

Traiklin wrote:

I'd like to get this mod but when I go to download it gives me a 404 error page.

I would like to download it too !
Nobody could help us ?

Erm, this mod was for 1.1.x, 1.2.x already has user groups by default tongue

Smartys wrote:

Erm, this mod was for 1.1.x, 1.2.x already has user groups by default tongue

I know that but i need it !